The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says "Show us a full tank Nano pic !!!"

Me and a few other people would like to take a peek at everyones Nano. Please post 1 full tank pic. Just the best full tank pic you have. It really doesn't matter how far along your Nano is. We all would just like to see all the different Nano setups.

Also please give a brief description of the tanks setup.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just in case we have some shy posters I'll start this off.

Minibow 7gal tank.
2 x 28watt PC's --- 1 x 50/50 and 1 x 10,000k
AC500 fuge with homemade surface skimmer
50watt tronic heater
Moonlighting w/ red nightview option
Temp probe
100ml Purigen

Attachments

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
this will be my 20th attempt posting this....

This is my nano...its a 5 gallon Aqua-something....its got shrooms, a few small featherdusters and deco algae, also has a small type of hawkfish. It has the original light and a 15 (?)watt submersible heater. The substrate is Southdown sand.

Its only been up 3 months or so, havn't gotten very ambitious with it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here is my 5.5. It has a 70 watt 10k MH and 26 watt actinic. It is filled mostly with SPSs.

Acros-
Emerald green base with blue/purple tips
blue tip stag
tri-color
green and orange cap
Green Elkhorn
Green Slimer
Prociliporia
3- Acro I dont have an id on.

GSP
Xenia
Zoos
Candy Cane
Yellow Polyps
Button Polyps

Watchman gobie!! :dance:

Enjoy!

William Mann

·
Registered
52 Posts
this was my nano it sprung a leak and everything was sold to buy a new 30 cube back in nov it is a 20 hex mostly lps and some shrooms

Attachments

·
Nano reefer and Jeeper
784 Posts
I've got two nanos, as I haven't been able to afford a bigger tank. This is my large nano, my 15 gallon. It has 166 watts of PC lighting. One 55watt 50/50 10k actinic 03, one 55 watt actinic 03, one 10k 26watt, and one 26watt actinic 03. It has a Prizm skimmer, DIY auto-topoff system, a 20 gallon refugium with base rock and caulerpa. the tank since this shot has had a MAJOR algae bloom, and I think it is because I had four fish in there for a while. I hope that it will soon become as nice as some of the other tanks I have seen in this thread.

Attachments

·
Nano reefer and Jeeper
784 Posts
Now here is my second nano that I JUST SET UP! ! ! !:D :dance: :beer:

It is an eclipse 3 gallon modified to fit an incandescent screw in type bulb. I have the coralife screw in 10 watt 50/50 PC bulb. I added an aquaclear 200 for circulation, and i have a lot of shells and some LR in there now. I am probably going to add some xenia, mushroom anemones, green star polyps, and maybe some zoo's and see what happens. i may make this tank my mantis tank if I ever find one!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
10g AGA + 5g DIY fuge
2x36 (10k & 03) AH Supply DIY kit, 18w JBJ over fuge
Started 3.5 years ago, continually upgraded, ready to DIY a larger setup.
SPS: Acropora - 5 var.;Montipora - 3 var.; pocillopora - 1
LPS: Caulastrea; Blastomussa Welsii
Other:1 encrusting Gorgonian, GSP, various zoanthids - 4 var, Colt Coral, Xenia, Hairy Mushroom, Ricordia - 2 var,
Livestock:pistol Shrimp, Mandarin Goby, various hermits/snails

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Nano tanks

I just started two tanks a month ago.

I orginally started with an eclipse 12 but changed it to a glass bow 16 gal tank due to all the scratches that occurred during my live rock setup. 96 watts of pc lighting. The quad bulb 50/50. About 20 or so lbs of live rock.
Our family in the 16:
2 black clowns
1 yellow watchman goby
1 bi-color goby
1 BTA
I lost count of snails and hermits
1 Emerald Crab
1 striped bristle star fish

I would show a picture but I am not sure how to get it in the message block. Maybe someone could help me with it.

I attached the picture of my 7 gal. I will reply with a picture of the 16 gal until I figure out how to attach to the message area.

I also have a minibow 7 gal with 32 watts of pc lighting. 12lbs or so of live rock.

Our family in the 7:
1 maroon clown
1 neon goby
1 BTA
a bunch of nails and crabs
1 emerald crab
1 striped bristle star fish

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Generic 10g tank (whatever was available at PetSmart)
55w CSL 50/50
Not sure how much rock
Clump of macro algae in the front of the tank
Colts, xenia, shrooms, macros, leather
~15 astreas
Coral banded shrimp
1 blue "dumsel"
Penguin mini-bio wheel (wheel removed)

Been up about a week and was thrown together from stuff I took out of an old tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
It has been quite a long time since I have been around but my little piece of the ocean is comming along nicely.

Humble Beginings.

And now my little Minibow 2.5 with life, coraline growth, and even a different fish.

The pictures don't do it justice, but it has really come a long way.
I plan on buying a Nano cube soon, and moving everything into it. I really like the more self contained look, aswell as the options of upgrading that I have.

Anyway, almost done with another year of college, and I can't wait to be home. I plan on spending alot of money over a Capucino Bay. I was in there this weekend and saw a guy that bought a clam the size of a small pecan, and a rock of really preatty rics for only 40.00. All I have to say is that there place is top notch, and the lady that works the counter is the coolest.

1 - 20 of 523 Posts