The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Andy noted during our last meeting, we will be having a "Tour Of Tanks" on Saturday, October 11.

Although I've already received several folks who are willing to showoff their tanks, I need more!!! I need folks from all over Atlanta.

Regardless of where in metro Atlanta you're located, if you're interested in having about 12 people at at time spend about 30 minutes enjoying your tank, then please note your interest in this thread.

I hope to have one tour (consisting of about 12 folks each tour) repeated about 1 hour apart and hopefully end near where the Calfo event will be later that day.

So if you can spare 2+ hours to share your aquarium :fish: with others, please let me know.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or an email or you may call me at 770.310.0551.

When we did did this about 18 months ago, everyone had a great time! :thumbup:

Thanks in advance!

Bob

·
Registered
637 Posts
could people possibly drop by different houses? I am home for fall break that weekend, but my GF is comming back with me. NOT A BAD THING! I dont think I/she would want me to go do fish stuff for the whole day.....

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response William.

The idea of a "Tour of Tanks" is to have 4 or 5 homes in the tour hopefully only about 15-20 minutes apart wherein we would meet the owner/hobbyist. The owner would discuss and showoff their reef system for ~30minutes and answer any questions, then onto the next home.

William, I hope this addresses your concern. If not please either post here again or send me a private message.

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi Bob,

I would be willing to invite members over to view my tank. I guess it would depend on where all the other participants are located because I could be pretty far out. Just let me know. I'm surprised you haven't had more response.

Thanks,

Pam

·
little fishy
127 Posts
I talked with you at the meeting, and I'm still available to show my tank. I should be fairly accessible to the North West part of Atlanta (Marietta, Kennesaw, Woodstock, Acworth).

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thanks to each of you that have volunteered thus far!

I personnally have seen a few of the tanks belonging to those who've volunteered so far and they are definitely worth seeing,
however, I still need to hear from more reefers to allow us to have the best and shortest route to the venue. I don't want us to spend more time traveling between homes than admiring them. Do you?!

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm in the process of moving, but when I get settled into my new digs (in Canton - dangerously close to Imagine-Ocean) I'll be delighted to be a tour stop. I should have a reef tank, seahorse tank and 6 gallon nano-tank up for view by mid November.

Cheers...Michael :beer:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm in the process of moving, but when I get settled into my new digs (in Canton - dangerously close to Imagine-Ocean) I'll be delighted to be a tour stop. I should have a reef tank, seahorse tank and 6 gallon nano-tank up for view by mid November.

Cheers...Michael :beer:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TO THOSE THAT HAVEN"T VOLUNTEERED YET:

Please consider being on the tour, especially if you're in Cobb, North Fulton or mid-town.

I'm going to have to close the tour to candidates by Sept 19, so please volunteer to be on this tour!

I need to close the candidates/"places hosting" so that I can organize logistics of the tour.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
842 Posts
Bob, I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. How many are doing the tour of tanks? Are they far apart? It seems like the last tour the homes were so far apart with a lot of driving and only a few participated? Let me know. Sally

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
heh~!

offer still stands... :D

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sally, so far I have 3 homes in Cobb one 1 in Gwinnett [Lawrenceville].

In Cobb, they are yours, Pams, and Robert (aka rhomer).

I'd really like to see at least 1 or 2 more tanks in Cobb or in the Roswell/Marietta to mid-town area!

Bob

·
Registered
842 Posts
We may want to RSVP who is going to be viewing. With only three homes that are fairly far apart...is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
8pm Deadline Today decides if there will be tour

The "Tour of Tanks" is currently in jeopardy of being postponed due to a lack of hosts, especially within a reasonably close proximity. :(

By this 8pm evening , if there are not more volunteers so that I can organize a tour in Cobb County (or within its close proximity) and ending possibly in mid-town (Calfo event is scheduled to be near GA Tech) or the tour will have to be postponed/rescheduled to possibly next year.

Won't you please consider sharing your aquariums with some other hobbyists who'll appreciate what you've done?!

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oct 11 "Tour of Tanks" Cancelled

Unfortunately, due to the distances and time it would take to travel between the different homes, there will not be a "Tour of Tanks" on Oct 11.

We may try to do this again; possibly later this year or more likely early next year.

Thank you to those that did offer: Sally, Rob, Pam, William Mann, MsReeRee, Michael, bwb007, TDWyatt of SC ;) and Don of Columbus ;)!

Bob

·
Registered
921 Posts
Tour

I am pretty sure that Calfo was very interested in taking the tour. If you can still arrange for someone to take him to visit some of the tanks, I am sure he would want the opportunity. I could make the time, but do not have a large enough vehicle to chauffer more than myself and one other.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts