The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
I really like the way you clelerly used angle and perspective to make that look really huge
Maybe Mojo could give us all a class on how to make 500+ gal tanks look even bigger. I just wish there was a way to stretch a 90 into a 250.:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx FISH,
I was thinking that if I got them they would be too "Blue" for my taste

but.... those look really nice!

O well to late to change my mind I already got them ordered:D

they are 400's also

I was thinking about adding a couple of 10k or 67k Power Compact 96w to even em out a bit, or maybe even VHO

MY GOD there are sooooo many choices:p

Ross

·
AKA Douglas Lowey
593 Posts
Is that the plastic center brace, Ross? I have seen problems with them under 400w halides. Mine has two braces, but glass. Also my tops open, as its behind the wall and my lights are fairly high.

Actually the bubble pic, is with a bulb lower down, where one would normally run them under a hood.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes it's plastic, I was thinking that if I ran a 250 or even a 175 ( at a very low kelvin to balance out the blue, probably a 65k or a 5k)

I can't really elevate the bulb higher than the others

Do you think it'll work?

:confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Coral, I run the return from one of my refuges onto my plastic center brace to keep it cool .
My center 400 Iwasaki bulb is about 8 inches above the brace.
This is probably not for everyone but it works for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
another question,

Is it possible to house alot of clams under the radiums?

I've heard they like lower K, while the radiums are 20k, will they still do good under a pair of 400's

By the way this is on a 120 but I have a 4" sand bed so it is 20" of water to penetrate.;)

I keep a large derasa in my other tank and I HAVE TO HAVE MORE, for sure some croceas and squamosas:D

Ross

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.