The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show me your mounted BRS Media Reactor!

Hey everyone- I have a few BRS Deluxe Dual media reactors on the way and HAVE NO CLUE how to mount them. I was hoping to have them hanging inside the sump, but can't find anyone else that did that.

Has anyone mounted these in sump? It seems easy to mount to the inside of the stand, but id rather in sump for space efficiency!

~H

·
Banned
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hung mine on the inside of the stand.
Thats a cool idea. Does it leak any water when you change media? I will see if my sump is close enough to the back of the stand to do a similar setup

Thanks!

·
Chasing Stability
9,244 Posts
Thats a cool idea. Does it leak any water when you change media? I will see if my sump is close enough to the back of the stand to do a similar setup

Thanks!
No leaks. I just close the valve when it's time to change media. The reactor comes with the little gray ball valve. As long as you have enough tubing this set up should work no matter how far the back of your stand is from the sump(within reason).
Bicycle handlebar Surveillance camera Electrical wiring Gas Bicycle part

·
Banned
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks! Convinced me to get one :)

One last question (I promise lol). Does the tubing BRS includes (2x 3 foot sections) come with a mount? I would need some way to make the tubing stay in the sump, like some sort of clip (that attaches to edge of sump) or something.

Thank you for your advice- I will be ordering the Deluxe BRS reactor later today. This is for cleaning the remaining biological material in the Cichlid tank. Even (mostly) empty, it still smells bad so I will fill it with water (Well water, from hose) and run the filtration for a while to clean out everything.

·
Chasing Stability
9,244 Posts
Thanks! Convinced me to get one :)

One last question (I promise lol). Does the tubing BRS includes (2x 3 foot sections) come with a mount? I would need some way to make the tubing stay in the sump, like some sort of clip (that attaches to edge of sump) or something.

Thank you for your advice- I will be ordering the Deluxe BRS reactor later today. This is for cleaning the remaining biological material in the Cichlid tank. Even (mostly) empty, it still smells bad so I will fill it with water (Well water, from hose) and run the filtration for a while to clean out everything.
The tubing itself does not come with a mount(IIRC). I'm not sure you'll need any mounts since the tubing is rigid. You'll be able to rotate the input and output as needed and the tubing should stay put.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have mine just sitting next to the sump on the floor of the stand. It is easier for me to change the media when I can just pull it out and put it back when I'm done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts