The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having difficulty deciding whether to take my tank down or not. I have a 55, with four corals, ~45 pounds of live rock, and a handful of fish.

The VHO lights are a year old, they need replacing. The tank is not in an idea spot in my house, and I might want to put a desk where the tank is located.

It's generally not very impressive, and I've had it for 3-4 years now. I'm reluctant to keep throwing money into it because it is a lot of work.

If I was to sell things off, would anyone here consider buying them?

Tank specifics:
1 Diadema urchin
1 Yellow-headed jawfish
3 Fairy wrasses (or so Marine Depot said)
1 Bangaii Cardinal
1 Green brain (might keep for my wife's nano)
1 Bubble coral
1 Galaxy
1 Xenia tree looking thing (big)

What do you think? Anyone want to convince me to keep it, or should I sell it? My tank never seems to look like the displays at Something Fishy . . . *sigh*

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
If it's too much of a hassle and is "work" for you to take care of it, and you're not getting much enjoyment out of it as a hobby, then take it down and sell it off and take a break from the hobby (wow, run-on sentence). When you move or build a new house (I think you were pondering this), you could always set up a new tank then, and have a bunch of us help you spend your own money setting it up.:D

Good luck in whatever you decide,

Derek

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would agree with Derek...if you are not enjoying it then why do it? hobbies are meant to be enjoyable last time I checked :)
On the other hand, if you are not enjoying it because you are having problems keeping it pretty then perhaps we can help you make it work better, and then you could enjoy it again. If you decide the latter I would be happy to help in anyway I can.
HTH,
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts