The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have 1turbo snail 3small red legged hermits and 10nassarrius snails

my tank is pretty darn clean........i still have to do the front/side glass, but its a very small amount.............i leave the back glass alone so no matter what the snails have food........and my reef sand is almost perfect.........now the hermits i really see them on the lr 99% of the time.........and the nassarrius snails come out when the lights go off "in force" all over the reef sand and glass..........my turbo is one fast guy.......this thing can move around the tank in probally like 10 min. but when i look at the suggested "clean up crew packs" they have a lot more stuff then what i have........so is it nessassary or just over kill?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i like the turbo so i was thinking maybe 4 more of those .........he seams to be the most active and the biggest worker

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You are fine for right now. Don't worry about more clean up crew until you need it.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
No more Ion! No more additions to the tank! Just kidding. I think most people would agree that the "recommended" cleaning crew numbers are way too high. FOr the size of tank and the amount of live rock you currently have, I would not add any more cleaners to your tank. Too many snails and crabs, and they may run out of food.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Agree. Wait till you add more rock and then if you need to you can boost the cleanup crew.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool............the way this turbo is going i think he is a one man crew....the only place he cant get is the maroon and purple coraline i can see starting to grow on him

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I used to have several of them and they cleaned one another. Then my hermit decided he liked the shells and now I have just one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts