The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one today and i think they look awesome. It should at $110. What do you folks think?
I have a 125g reef with about 100Lb of live rock. The tank has been up and running for Four months now. I have two perc clown, a lawnmower blenny, two convict damsels, and one yellow tail damsel, a coral beauty and a cleaner shrimp. Is it too soon to add any fancy fish? I lost my first fish last week a copper banded butterfly. it really bummed me out. I really want to stick to hardy fish for now. Oh I also have a two colored bicolor blenny.

I also looked at a neon doty back.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
I have found my marine beta to be pretty darn hardy. Butterfly fish can be a harder species to keep, so I would not let that get you down. With that being said, if you are not sure you are ready to add more fish yet, then go with your gut. Adding fish to often to a tank in the first 6 months to a year can cause problems... at least IME.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SW MN near Marshall, the fish was in Willmar. I now SiouxFalls has better prices but I found Mankato to be very high and this is the first marine beta I've looked at.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
don't go by your copperband butterfly. Cooper bands are very difficult to keep. I also feel that is way too high for a beta. I'm not sure but I thought beta liked live food? Before you buy it do a little research.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats fine with me, I can't seem to catch the suckers to get them out of there. They were my cycling fish.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had one years ago and fed it freeze dryed krill . I had him for a few years and he thrived just fine on that . You can try feeding it live and then try switching it over .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts