The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, everything looked beautiful in my tank. This morning, when i looked in, my trumpet coral was completely receded. Even after a whole day of being under the light, this is how it still looks. Is this normal behavior? Should I worry? He has been doing beautifully up till this morning. If there is a problem, i want to catch it early. :)

Attachments

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Jeremy,
Personally knowing that coral, I wouldn't worry just yet. ;) That third head was written off as dead a long time ago... The fact that you can see spiky skeleton might not be good, but if I remember right, mine retracts the same drastic-looking amount.

Just keep an eye on it - and if worse comes to worst, I'll dremel off another piece for you.

Danielle

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I've had mine do that from time to time but it has come back beautiful everytime! When was your last water change? Sometimes when corals look not so good, I know it's time for a water change!;)

·
Reef Dork
400 Posts
Whats up Jeremy! Mine would look like that if it got disturbed by my clowns trying to host with it or if it got displaced from the rock I had it attached too. Or even if I just had my hand in the tank. Its a sensitive piece. It takes a couple days to go back to normal.

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked the water...nitrates 0, ammonia 0, sg 1.026. I looked at the coral again today..it is worse. :( I am losing the coral. I don't want to. Could there be some sort of chemical warfare between the trumpet and my new maze coral? They arn't close to touching... *sniff*

Shack! Sent you a PM...how are ya bro?!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Jeremy, even if they aren't touching there could be some sweepers or such...try moving it...I'd say at this point what do you have to lose?

Dave

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It isn't close enough for even the sweepers to reach it. I checked on that first off. :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Jeremy,

Sorry to here about the frag. I was actually looking for it the other day and didn't realize (or forgot) that Danielle gave it to you. We will get another frag for you if this one does not make it.

Andy

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I want it to survive! I hate losing life. Heck, I still had my 20 on the floor cause I could still see little pods swimming around in the 1" of water left. I couldn't stand to throw them away, so i have been adding water for evap, and siphoning them out. Now I am just thinking of resetting up the 20 as a free standing fuge. :)

okay...who just called me pathetic!? ;) heh heh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.