The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a number of corals from Marinedepotlive.com and they have all died within the week. I started getting corals from my LFS and they have all lived. But my LFS doesn't have a great selection! Is there any online stores ya'll would reccommend for fish and corals? Thanks!:)

Austin

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any others anybody!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good suggestions!;)

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
marinedepot defence

I'll have to say that the stuff I've gotten from Marine Depot has been healthier than anything I've gotten from the lfs, but it has been 5 months since I ordered any livestock from them.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lol oops it was supposed to be WYSISYG :) missed a "y" there :)

does look i was jsut hittin the keys though ... i used to hate that term when i first started building websites.

·
Registered
799 Posts
For corals I've dealt with two people I will do biz with again:

goochscorals.com - Great guy, fair amount of aquacultured, contact him about anything you see. 5 day guarantee ... just a great run shop. Visited in person, but would recommend mailorder as well.

Greg Hiller - a Boston area reefer - sent me great frags, large, healthy, well packed ... just a great experience. Don't have is email here at work but search on his name [has angelfire.com site] or else search him up on RC.

Just my 2 cents ... buy all my fish local.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anyone of our sponsors who sell livestock would be a good idea. If anything dies, you know where you can find the person to talk to. Plus I think our sponsors, especially Lise, are really good people.

You can also try the following. I have bought coral from these guys with no casualties.

Saltwater Fish
Exotic Fish
GARF

GARF has great quality hard and soft corals. They tend to be a little on the small side though. But they are alive and healthy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Speaking of GARF, I just visited their website and they are giving away 2 pounds of GARF grunge to any victims of the east coast power outage. I think that's a nice gesture.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Get this. I actually bought some in the past!! A few of the pieces came with mushrooms attached so that was cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.