The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. Coffee is on. It is teens and twenties, but we will mix it up hitting a bunch of snow and zero degrees *onday and Tuesday.

Day two of my 42 hours crammed into three days work marathon is halfway in the bank. Calmer at work, and a lot happened to make our shift transition easier. We will respond in kind by having every station well stocked and the plant clean. We are not allowed to put out fresh flowers, but otherwise this is the best we can do.

Denise is wiped from her new job. They are 25,000 widgets behind, and each has to be perfect. Good pay, but wow oh wow the hours. She was stressing about passing a test on making flawless stitched parts, so her coworkers snuck it past her without her knowing.

The first half of the basement is nearing done. Just need trim, then the ceiling and lighting. It really looks good.

Enjoy your Sunday

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,036 Posts
God morning Perry, and to All pulling up a chair today around the TRT Training Table......HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Y'ALL!

The one day a year when I'm forbidden to give Jen flowers.......as we say, 'it's amateur day'.......I celebrate a different day, 'I LOVE YOU DAY' which is February 15th thru February 14th EVERY YEAR! :giggle: :love:

With all that stress and crazy hours and work related drama, is Y'All's hot tub getting a work out Perry.....or is it finally officially TOO BLASTED COLD? Low teens.....0-degrees, that would involve a lot of alcohol.....IN and OUT!

Coffee is freshened, and as usual when I ain't rushed out the door, breakfast will be along at some point. Got a real roller coaster of a weather ride coming along here......freezing rain/ice last night, and temps on the dart board between 30's to the 40's with a 50 degree'er day thrown there in the middle for good measure, and RAIN pretty much every day.

Wishes for awesome stuff for All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Happy Valentine’s Day, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. How about a super duper hot breakfast to take the chill off our bones? Buttermilk pancakes with VT maple syrup and fruit choices, scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns, and whatever meat you guys wanna fix. Hot chocolate, too.

Perry - Way to go on all fronts. Good to hear that things are leveling out at work.
Looking forward to seeing pix of your completed basement.
Denise’s co-workers sound great!

Hack - I hope you don’t have to go running around on errands this morning. But IF you do, make it a groovy trip.

Jeff - -35° windchill?? Horrors!💨. That’s dangerous..
Your glass insulators project will be a sweet deal when you put the out there on eBay. Enjoy working on it.
Practical plan for heat and cool for your sis’s sunroom.

On with the day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
15,036 Posts
1613311916693.png HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY Cath!

Yeah there'l be 'running around' today, but on our terms, not out of necessity......fun as well as restocking of snacks n junk food.

Haven't set foot outside yet, but bet there's slipperiness hidden out there somewhere.

Peace,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Houston, we have a problem. There’s an echo in here today.

Last night friend made a French silk pie from scratch and wanted to give me a piece. I said “no, thank you.”That resolve lasted over night, and this morning I said “well just a small piece.” She brought me a piece for my lunch dessert. Yummmmm!

·
15,036 Posts
YUP......the empty stadium effect. HELLO.....HELloo.....HEllooooooo.....Helloooooooooo.....helloooooooooooooooo......BOY, I could do this all day!

Got the 'weekly' tank cleaning done a wee more than a week this time......boy projects help one loose track of time.

Well, was desert all that Cath? We layed in a huge supply of snacks today......'too much' simply doesn't apply to deserts n snacks. We felt the need for tacos around here for lunch.....I called it quits at 8. Anyone care to guess what's on the dinner menu......YUP! You win some tacos!

I see a ship full of nothingness about ready to make port around here......I can't wait for the gang plank to be lowered.

Peace be upon Y'All
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
YUP......the empty stadium effect. HELLO.....HELloo.....HEllooooooo.....Helloooooooooo.....helloooooooooooooooo......BOY, I could do this all day!

Got the 'weekly' tank cleaning done a wee more than a week this time......boy projects help one loose track of time.

Well, was desert all that Cath? We layed in a huge supply of snacks today......'too much' simply doesn't apply to deserts n snacks. We felt the need for tacos around here for lunch.....I called it quits at 8. Anyone care to guess what's on the dinner menu......YUP! You win some tacos!
Hack - That French silk pie was OMG great! I’m so glad you guys were not around, I wouldn’t have had a chance. But then, it was only 1/16 of a pie.

I bet your evening of nothingness turns into groovy fun!

For supper I’m having veggie chili with avocado, lime, cilantro flavored Triscuits. I hate cilantro, but these crackers are GREAT!

Hoping for a groovy evening for all!

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Morning all, wound up doing a major reset on Win 10 trying to fix my picture magic. Main internet is still out so limping on shared backup kids line. I suspect the big freeze up north is disrupting data service down here.
stying to figger out pic issues but as usual I found a cheat ;)

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Evening all.. hopefully this comes in, I have had to reset Win 10 and and now I have to redo all the apps I use for bill paying. Still using default so speeds are SLOW

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Evening all

Still cold in these parts,, a number assigned to the temperature does not matter at this point.

Semi puttered during the day, again, drilling a hole in many old glass insulators. tho i DID give 4 long dawgs a bath this afternoon(and King the GSD, this morning) so ALL the dogs got a bath in the last 2 days. That does not happen a lot around here often. King goes to the vet for his annual visit tomorrow afternoon, and will also be bring home heartworm preventive for ALL the dogs, for the year. I swear they should put it in a jewelry store bag, so it matches the contents value,, eeek. Can't really complain, all part of the big picture of having 7 dawgs here,,,, I chuckle when folks complain about how much it costs to keep ONE canine,,, if they only knew,,,, haha.

Mom goes for her 2nd covid shot tomorrow, but with supposed 4-8" of snow said to happen, me or Sis might be taking her to the location if roads turn cruddy. I also expect to be heading up to Mom's on Tuesday, IF those snow amounts actually happen, to snow throw'r it elsewhere.

Weighed current heavyweight foster Doxie Butters for his weekly, he lost 1.5# since he's been here. Dunno what the goal is to get him put up for adoption, but imagine 4-5# is a good guess.

Ordered 2 dozen red roses for Blyth on Valentines Day, arrived yesterday. She had no clue what the UPS package was(had her name on shipping label ;) ) until she opened it. I musta gotten a attaboy for it, since she made steak, shrimp, taters etc. for dinner tonite,,, extra yummy.

Comfy chair time next, the newest addition to the pack here awaits my lap,,, who happens to be nice smelling and all clean n fluffy.

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Evening all. Supposed to get 11" of snow over the next couple days. I don't believe. It is arse cold out though, so we still have stuff from last time.

Hopefully a nice calm night at work. End of the three day 48 work hour marathon. That is tough on everyone.

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Hope you have a good shift tonite Perry,,,
Yup, the worserer band of snow is aimed to go across to the south of me, mid Hoosier State/Indy and move NE,,, 10" max for that swath , we are in the middle of the 5-8". So that probably means you will get 2", and I will get 24",,, or any other amount it ends up being. The magic of hi -tech weather guessing. Already got the "whoa is you" NOAA warning for hazard mucho travel on the roads, and wet, heavy snow starting tomorrow with the afternoon into Tues. morning timeframe being the heaviest numbers. When the dogs got let outside a 1/2 hr ago, snow was in the air already (which makes sense since I got no phone alert for it, along with the warning/alerts I got 4-5 times during the day that it'll be snowing at certain time, never happened, big shocked face here, yawn)
Weather rock has be the most accurate, at pretty much 100% accuracy.

Might venture out in the am and grab stuff from the grub store,. Not any gloom n doom panic buys, just stuff that fills in the "out of" blanks just in case (rolls eyes) it does snow in decent amounts and we end up "needing" that stuff when the travel conditions are dire.

Have a good night TRTrs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts