The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Super Moderator
35,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mawnin', TRT!

Coffee is on and smelling great. Breakfast fajitas for everyone. Stayman winesap apples, too. :)

Joe - Happy anniversary. The bouquet of flowers was a nice touch since you can't have a date night right now.

Pat - Now you did it. You have to give us that recipe for salsa.

Running late here...Off to Civitan. It's time to plan our fall pancake day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,966 Posts
Good Morning Cath, Joe and Everyone!

thanks for the coffee.

They cancelled all my meetings yesterday and it was nice. I hope they don't add a bunch to my calender today.

Kristine said it looks like she will be able to come home for Thanksgiving this year.

Have a Great Day!

· Premium Member
17,615 Posts
Good Morning, Cath, Joe, Vince, & Everybody! :)

No 70's today as temps begin to slide down with rain showers. 60's today and 50's tomorrow.

My friends and coworkers are going to surprise me with a birthday luncheon today.....I'll do my best to act surprised. :eek: Today's not my actual birthday but close enough. :D

Cath, pancakes sound better to me than fajitas for breakfast.

Are you feeling better yet, Joe?

Good deal on the cancellation of 'meetings', Joe, and great news that Kristine can spend Thanksgiving with your family.

Sparkling clear skies over the colorful Fall foliage of Cades Cove. They've just passed their peak and on their way to Winter coats, now.

Have a Tremendous Thursday, Everyone!

Dick:)

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Good morning gang. Happy almost Friday. Of course, Friday is my *onday this week, so I guess almost Friday ain't such a great deal.
Need to get the grass mowed today. Maybe for the last time this year. Didn't get much done yesterday. Back to the FD tomorrow.
Y'all have a great almost Friday and a smooth slide to the weekend.
Ray

· Retired Wanderer
22,698 Posts
Morning all.

Got my chili crock pot lined up for the competition. It is made with lamb from the little 4H kid's fair winner, some ground elk and a bunch of other contributions from a customer of Cynthia. The guy had his llama attacked by a bear and paid with goat cheese and tons of vegetables including roasted chili's. Used a little gruyere brick that was in the fridge to manage the heat.

Someone will probably win by dumping manwich into their crock pot.

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
Joe - Happy anniversary,Pat , Vinnie, Cath, Perry, Ray! and especiaLLY DICK FOR HIS almost birthday!- Except for DICK, it's just morning, NO SLEEP last night, so even though thanks to Helen, I now after YEARS of wanting one, now have a blue Oregon TORTUOSA in my coral collection!! Long story, Now I'm just waiting out the delivery process! This is certainly a morning, I'm waiting out the half-life of Folger's DARK and Smooth, I too, would appreciate PANCAKES this morning! AGAIN< HAPPY BIRTHDAY,DICK! Perry, THANKS again for the Goodies, THEY are UP and DOING their JOB!

Enjoy your mornings!

· Retired Wanderer
22,698 Posts
Perry, THANKS again for the Goodies, THEY are UP and DOING their JOB!

Enjoy your mornings!
Good. Those will cut down on your heating bill for your house this winter.

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
That is VERY true especially now that there is new floor in the goodie room! You and Birthday Boy (DICK) need to come and see the new warmer room!

· little fishy girl
4,135 Posts
good morning gang
cath i will get the recipe
dick happy close to your birthday and love the pic
tom your fish/goodie room is so pretty expectially the floor. congrates on the coral and you know the rules we want a pic lol
perry i'm sure your chili is good it sounds good and i love chili
ray hope your almost monday is an easy one
well morning to anyone i missed

· little fishy girl
4,135 Posts
salsa recipe

ok cath for the salsa you need
4 large cans of diced tomatoes 28 oz
2 cans tomatoe sauce 8 oz
1 can of tomatoe paste 12 oz
1 cup chopped onions
as much chopped hot peppers you like
3 tablespoons each
garlic salt
oil
vinager
add all to big pot bring to boil , reduce to med and simmer for 20 minutes
it makes about 8 to 9 pints so have your jars ready what i do is put jars in sink fill sink and jars with very hot water let sit for about 5 minutes take the lid part and put in small put with water boil till ready to use
fill jars put lid on and set aside it will seal itself .
hope this makes since lol

· little fishy girl
4,135 Posts
tom i'm sure i could find one i'm more if a pina colada girl my self . p.s. toom next time i head your way i'll bring you some salsa and cath too also the baby mollies should be big enough by then

· Administrator
61,352 Posts
Good Morning Gang, nother nice fall day here. Looks like a lot going on today, Chili contests and goodies on the porch:) Vin, cool that Kristine gets the holiday at home :)
Still bumbling thru work, hope they fix it soon

· Super Moderator
24,486 Posts
Afternoon all .
Midnite shift #4 in toast, and it was a 12+ hrs shift to boot(my choice since da boss called and left a begging mesage fer me to come in ASAP,,so I did) One more to go tonite and then my long weekend :thumbup:.

Prepping for garbage day tomorrow morning , since I won't be home from work early enuf to run the "good" stuff to the road b4 the g-dude rolls by,I got all the non-critter enticing stuff ready and @ the road just now. Hopefully Blyth will be a good sport and wake up early enuf to run the "prob woulda been de-bagg'd and gone thru if left out overnite" food leftover type bags up the drive in the am.

Other than that, pretty much a choice of being outside in the rain or inside chores, wonder which one I'm pickin' after the daily outdoor chores ;).

Hope everyone has a great day! :D

· Retired Wanderer
22,698 Posts
Looks like mild is the flavor of the day in the hot runners for the chili contest. They didn't announce the contest winners yet.

We live really close to Kansas, and I should have made white bread and mayonaise sandwiches instead.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.