The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mawnin', TRT!

Coffee is on, and hot water for loose tea of your choice. Cereal today with diced local peaches. Farina or oatmeal, too. I tell you that's delicious!

Hi, HHC! Hi, Tom!

Gotta go to work. See you all later.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Cath & Everyone! :)

Thanks for the tasty, healthy breakfast, Cath.

Sorry you are having to work today when many get the long weekend.

Ever wonder why we celebrate Labor Day by Not Laboring? :nuts:

I do appreciate all our military, law enforcement, and first responder emergency personnel who will be pulling extra shifts this weekend to keep the rest of us safe. :flageagle2:

Temps have moderated for this weekend with 80/50 predicted. Perfect football weather tonight as the VOLS open their season. 100,000 expected to fill Neyland Stadium to watch the game and welcome Derek Dooley in his UT head coaching debut. This is expected to be a 're-building year' but I still love my VOLS.

FishGirl arrived safely yesterday evening after her 200 mile drive home for the weekend. I always worry when she's on the road but she is a careful, safe driver. She is happy to be back home with her friends.

I slipped up to Cades Cove the other morning and was surprised to see how scrawny the bears are. The hot, dry summer has apparently taken a toll on their food supply, along with an increase in their population over the past few years, and looks like a tough winter ahead for them.

On the other hand, my raccoons, like this youngster from this year's crop, are quite plump and healthy. I wonder why? :D

Have a Splendid Saturday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Good morning Cath, Dick, George, and all the rest.
Cath, that is a far healthier breakfast spread than what I normally eat. Not sure my belly can handle it.
Glad fishgirl made it home safely Dick.
Anything on your agenda for the weekend George?
We are kind of free-form here. Everyone has the next 3 days off. We are going to grill one day this weekend. May need to mow by Monday. Other than that, who knows?
Hope y'all have a great long weekend!
Ray

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Morning all. On pins and needles this morning, but hopefully things will go okay.

Dick that almost looks like a couple of spots of dirt poking through that floor of dog food.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Morning everyone! Big day today, going to finish building the 20gal sump, add my first corals to the tank, get some water and do a small water change, and get a skimmer that's worth while. Not necessarily in that order.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Morning all! :) Thanks for the coffee cath, sorry you have to work. I'll throw in some homemade buttermilk biscuits to the breakfast table, do you have any jam made from those peaches, it would be tasty!

Perry, I'll be praying for you. Frivolous lawsuits are a PItA to go through.
Cute raccoon Dick :) I'm glad fishgirl made had a safe trip.
I am all about the free form weekends, mizer, I hope yours is enjoyable!
What kind of corals are you getting kamel?

Boring but busy day today. Mostly household chores like laundry, mopping, dusting, etc. I am about to make up some water and this evening I will be tearing apart my tank, *sigh*. This task is truly a testament to researching before you put anything in your tank. But rookie mistakes happen.

·
Super Moderator
22,346 Posts
Morning all :thumbup:
Wow Cath, workin' the weekend,, what's this world coming too for you? :freak:

Did a early morning run to get grillin' grub for the weekend , luckily i did not eat prior to this so i bought with my belly eyes for a change, and it worked out well :drool:.

Was nice to open up the house last evening and air out the casa, will prob do it again when it warms up a bit around here. Temps are making it sweet to be toiling outside now, and that's good and bad i guess. My bod will prob vote on the bad part if/when i hit it too much the next couple of days.But the good part is i'll knock out those chores here way b4 the snow gets here.

Hope everyone has a great day! :wavey:

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,670 Posts
Just a couple things here and there Ray.Helped my friend on working on some of his facha(spelling? by the gutters. and help him throw out the old cabinets at his churches kitchen(he remodeled it)

·
Administrator
47,484 Posts
Good Morning Gang, looks like a busy morning, we'll be getting ready for a triple Bufray party around here later on, I may have to finish nap for a bit. Have a great day :)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
What a morning. Guess we are not directly involved with a lawsuit and/or charges this weekend and they haven't taken our pup away yet so I can say a little.

My poor wife is an understandable mess right now.

We board our horse out in the country at an idyllic spot with his own barn. There is a lady out there with cancer that spread to her brain and she was attacked by her husband who is in a mental institution, and allegedly attacked again by intruders although the fire dept. folks called it a bunch of hooey including her faked injuries.

This lady called our dogs over one day, got their names repeatedly and has set on a course of destruction. I guess the business signs and shiny Z3 spoke of money and we were cautioned that she was lawsuit happy.

The first encounter she laid on the ground "to play with the dogs" then claimed she was attacked with a concussion and other injuries. She then said she was brutally attacked on another occasion when Jack did not leave the pasture at all.

This morning a sheriff's deputy came by who responded to the alleged victim's other emergencies and the deputies job is to see if Jack needs to be taken away by the humane society and if we get a ticket, which will support the lawsuit. We have witnesses that we have not talked to but according to the owners of our barn saw her behavior and corraborate anything in a civil court hopefully. Being a "rich" doctor against a poor lady with cancer and all these attacks on her though is tough.

Witnesses that are members of the fire dept. and others are providing different dates and events and I hope the deputy will talk to them, despite her blatant sympathy for the crazy lady.

The shining lining here though is that my wife is understandable going through every emotion, but there is an army of people ready to get restraining orders, call the deputies on odd behavior, write letters of reference, testify on her behalf as patients and officers of the humane society.

I am unemotional, will be at the courthouse at 8 am Tuesday to get a restraining order against that lady, on the phone to the insurance company to see how to proceed when the inevitable lawsuit is filed, and figure out how to handle my wife if they take Jack away for a while to be put in another vet's custody. That accuser lady may be pretty shrewd and diligent, but taking on someone from the MMR is a can of worms that she should have left sealed.

Just when you think things are getting under control another log is put on the fire. All I can say is make sure your insurance is current, and thank the heavens we have a one million dollar umbrella policy.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Good afternoon gang, Perry I nope those things work out for you. so far I have cut the grass. I am moving rather slow. it is really hot out and I think I am getting what nikki has.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Got homework sort of done for today anyway. Forgot we have a big old X on the roof and the F-16's did laps for an hour using Noob Manor as a waypoint before swooping down on the Air Force Fighting Falcon's crowd to put the crowning touch on the National Anthem (which always makes me cry darnit).

Time to get Dr. Phishnoob up, go with her to a suture removal, then look in on a friends dog that is sort of on the hypotenuse when we travel across town on the a leg then up to the north end on the b leg. Without a helicopter we cannot travel on the hypotenuse and have to add the a leg and b leg together which is about 180 miles or something with probably 722 traffic lights, of which 95% will be red.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
We beat the criminal rap, but there might be an attorney stupid enough to take a case.

I am thanking our Sheriff's department for doing an incredibly thorough investigation. Jack is off the hook. (until they come up with a crime of nuzzling someone to death)

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Fred, hope you dodge the bacteria bullet.

We beat the criminal rap, but there might be an attorney stupid enough to take a case.

I am thanking our Sheriff's department for doing an incredibly thorough investigation. Jack is off the hook. (until they come up with a crime of nuzzling someone to death)

Without a confession from Jack, they had no case. He took his attorney's advice to "Don't admit nothing.". :lol:

Glad to hear this all ended well.

Dick:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts