The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay...now that I've got that Beastie Boys song stuck in your head...hehehe

This past weekend, I became Martha Stewart! hehehe (I'll be BBQ'n this weekend to shake off the estrigen, and get back my testosterone!!!)

anyways...just thought I'd share, since despite the fact that I'm a guy, I still thought it was pretty neat!!

So the basement is finished, but it still needed to be decorated. SO since we're going with a Nautical theme (to go with the 330 gallon tank that's going in next year. See this thread), we needed nautical things.

Tammy had a bucket of sea-shells/beach rocks sitting around, and an unused picture frame. So putting the two together, we came up with a pretty neat piece of art (I think).

so here's the parts/stuff we used!

Shells/rocks & picture frame:

Got on the internet, found some old nautical maps. Printed them out and then took a lighter, burned the edges (blowing them out quickly) and got some pretty neat pieces as a back-drop:

Laid things out to get a feel for how it'd look:

then went SUPER crazy with the glue gun:

and VIOLA!!!

then we hung it up:

(it's 3-D art)

I don't know...*I* thought it was pretty neat! hahaha

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We also turned THIS:

into THIS:

(I REALLY like this one! Think it turned out REALLY great!! hahaha)

·
Administrator
46,884 Posts
DUDE you will have to BBQ a water buffalo to get your guy status back :D

Seriously it looks good

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
She found some simple things at the craft store, and with a little touching up, they turned out pretty nice.

She took the wood burner to this plain wheel to get a really neat affect:

Then, with a little paint, turned a simple craft life preserver into a neater realistic looking one:

Then, with an old piece of wood we found on the beach, my stenciling, and a wood burner...another nice touch was created:

Throw some netting up on the wall somewhat sloppily, added some sea-shells and other beachy critters up, add a couple bouy pieces we'd found, and you get a pretty nice decorated wall (until the tank goes in next year! hahah)

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug1 said:
DUDE you will have to BBQ a water buffalo to get your guy status back :D

Seriously it looks good
HAHAHAHAHA

say what you will..but I KNOW there's a few of you out there that at SOME point, helped your g/f or wife paint her toe-nails. And maybe my logic's scewed a bit...but for some reason, I think that's WAY worse than this!!!

(okay...so maybe *I* helped Tammy paint her toe-nails once...but at least *I* didn't admit THAT!)

wait..

DOH!!! :lol:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
skeety said:
say what you will..but I KNOW there's a few of you out there that at SOME point, helped your g/f or wife paint her toe-nails.
um no... sorry, the rest of us on here are guys, your all alone with this one buddy.:worm::eek::)

·
Administrator
46,884 Posts
I got asked to help paint toe nails once but after dragging out the disk grinder, paint gun, masking tape, etc I was told "Its OK they're already finished"

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Favorite line from Fight club:

"@$^@% Martha Stewert!!! She's polishing the brass on the titanic. It's all goin' down man!!"

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Ok Skeety.... it is all over. You are now required to do one of the following before we will give you a probationary status of "man"

..Eat 100 pounds of Beef in a 7 day period
..Rebuild an engine that is at least 6 cylinders and not less than 40 years old in 48 hours or less
..Hunt for something that has sharp teeth and claws and is not afraid to use them. It must be a minimum of 500 pounds heavier than you (if you use nothing but a knife then you can get full manhood instantly).
..Give up showering and clean clothes for 2 months

.... Let us know :lol:

·
Administrator
46,884 Posts
Twitterbait said:
Ok Skeety.... it is all over. You are now required to do one of the following before we will give you a probationary status of "man"

..Eat 100 pounds of Beef in a 7 day period
..Rebuild an engine that is at least 6 cylinders and not less than 40 years old in 48 hours or less
..Hunt for something that has sharp teeth and claws and is not afraid to use them. It must be a minimum of 500 pounds heavier than you (if you use nothing but a knife then you can get full manhood instantly).

.... Let us know :lol:
Thats too funny Ryan ;)

I have plenty of scars from maintaining my guy status :)

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Martha who???

NICE job :)

Jenn

·
Registered
93 Posts
it looks good,,,but,,,if i did help,,,she would have gotten all the credit for doing it,,,,and you take credit for scoring such a good woman~~

only 2 months? drier sheet and tumble,,,,warm=clean~~i went to college
(Bedrock University~)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
(okay...so maybe *I* helped Tammy paint her toe-nails once...but at least *I* didn't admit THAT!)
As long as SHE isn't helping YOU do YOURS, I'm ok with it...:)

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Casey said:
Mikes gone over the edge.:lol: :nuts:
HAHAHAH...that's what I do best! ;)

does it count for anything that the MAIN reason i helped, was so we'd get it done faster, and then we could sit down, and enjoy Boondock Saints on the 62"?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts