The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Those things are why I don't go into the ocean above my ankles.:eek:
I'll stick to looking at the ocean through the front glass of my tank, there's no sharks in there.:agree:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Lageo04 said:
Those things are why I don't go into the ocean above my ankles.:eek:
I'll stick to looking at the ocean through the front glass of my tank, there's no sharks in there.:agree:
Did you see the episode where a shark expert was in shallow water ( below his knees) & a shark removed his entire calf muscle?

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
sea devil said:
Did you see the episode where a shark expert was in shallow water ( below his knees) & a shark removed his entire calf muscle?
yea some expert:doh: That was gross

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I used to have a deal with sharks, If they stayed out of my pool, I wouldn't swim in the ocean, then I went & got scuba certified. But still no sharks in my pool. I have them on a technicality, scuba diving really isn't swimming. I have even done a couple of shark dives ( reef sharks, no great whites ). They were awesome. Even have pics to prove it.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
I love this series and cant get enough of it. Sharks are fasinating to me. the great white is probably the top apex predetor on planet Earth. Just is very strange that they cannot be keep in captivity. I surfed for a good part of my life and swam all over the Florida waters and have never had a bad incident. Had a dolfin come up next to my board one day to check me out.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I fear sharks. Im fascinated by them, but I fear them. Every time I went snorkling in hawaii a couple years ago, I was paranoid of sharks. It kinda takes from the whole experience.

But yes, I Watch shark week, I look forward to shark week.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
BLEEZY said:
im watching it it makes me wanna do a shark dive even though sharks Trip me out!
DO IT!!!! You won't regret it, I promise! I did a shark dive in the Bahamas, it was the most awesome, dive skin wetting thing I've ever done. At first I was a little apprehensive about diving with sharks that are being feed, especially with the fact that it was my wife's idea. We weren't in the water more that 10 minutes when they started to come in & circle us. For a split second the thoughts going thru my mind were "OH ****", "WHAT THE HELL I"M I DOING THIS FOR". Then it immediately turn to "HOLY ****, THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!" I burned up a roll of 36 exposure film in no time at all. Out of that I got one really cool picture of the largest shark in the group. Out of the corner of my eye, up to my right, he came out of the dark blue. I barley had time to snap a shot of him. I was surprised when I had the film developed that it came out. I really nailed a great shot of him. I'll see if I can scan it in & post it. Also if the dive operation offers a video of "YOUR" dive, get it. I've been diving 15 yrs, U/W photography for 14 yrs & I most say that it was one of the most memorable dives I have done. As good as the Manta Ray dive I did in Hawaii.

·
NFMAS
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the coolest thing was the shark sub which is a shark cage that has motors, hence a sub. They use it to dive around seal island which is the place where the great whites jump out of the water.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
heck my 5 year old knows about seal island. He said, dad, if you see a seal in the water, you better stay out, its the favorite food of the Great White Shark. I thought to myself, thats my boy, soak it all in buddy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts