The Reef Tank banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm new to the community here and I'm looking for some advice. I know there are probably a couple threads similar to mine up I was hoping to create a place I could come to and find specifics from advice. To start off with I'm not incredibly experienced in the hobby, had a 20 gal freshwater set up before and kinda got the hang of it but had to take it down after a few months. So now my plan is to eventually set up a 55 gallon saltwater reef tank I traded for. I expect I will first set up my 20 first as freshwater to get experience again and eventually move up to the 55. My question mainly is what things should I look to add to the aquarium for basic use ( like pumps, sumps, protein skimmers, etc). I don't have a picture of the aquarium to post because I am out of state for the summer but I found a picture of one on the internet that is pretty much identical to it. I also added an attachment if the link doesn't work. Very basic stuff. So if there's anyone out there who wouldn't mind taking the time and helping me out with some things about how to set up a good filtration system and everything I would really appreciate it. One idea I had been given that might be a good start off point would be that I could get a piece of plastic that would run the length of the aquarium inside of it and have it set up where it would run into a protein skimmer, back into the first compartment of the enclosed area, then to some live rock and carbon I believe, then into some type of sponge and back out with a small submerged sump. Again just an idea but any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated it. Thank you!!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts