The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I recently got some LR for my nano reef tank. It's very branchy and supposedly from Fiji. It might be totoka? I'm a newbie at this and have been staring at my tank for hours. After I turned my lights off, I noticed about 4 or 5 baby serpent starfish come out, tiny white body, with long stringy arms. Will his be fine for my tank? Should I leave them be or take some action?
Thanks!!

-Raz

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. Any ideas as what I can expect? Thanks again.
-Raz

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Welcome to TRT. They keep your sand bed clean as well as the rock. Will be handy if it makes thru the cycle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dobejazz said:
Tank Looks nice! do you have the stock 72w of PC lighting ?
Hey! Right now I have the stock 72w of PC lighting as you said. However, I do have the money to upgrade right away. I want to take my time with the tank and not mess it up. Any suggestions as to better lighting? Also, the flow seemed fine but just in case I put in the Maxi Jet 600 to get things moving.

Last night, I had a friend came over to look at the tank and we saw a tiny tiny snail moving around on the back of the tank. It's exciting watching everything grow in the tank.

I don't want to get off topic on my own thread, but my pH was 8.2 before adding the LR. It then dropped to 7.8 with the addition of the rock after 24 hours. Is a dip in pH like this normal. As of today nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia were 0ppm but I guess that's expected. Thanks again!!!
-Raz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Baby serpent starfish

I had a serpent starfish about a year ago. Yesterday i was looking into my tank and saw what i thought was a tube worm and upon further looking noticed tons of baby serpent stars. I guess my starfish reproduced but i have never seen em before. This is awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts