The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good mawnin’ TRT!

Coffee is up. Today’s offerings are omelets any way you like ‘em, hasbrowns, Texas toast, anda fresh fruit cup.

Jeff - That is some kind of complicated foster stuff going on over at your place. I trust ups and Blyth will be able to figure it out.😂
You’re a good brother to help your sis!
All of that, and mowing 7 acres.... suds are the perfect topper.

We’re having our parish picnic after out outside service today. BBQ and sides in a box lunch. Someone will eat my portion of BBQ.

Bobbi is coming over to help with stuff this afternoon. That should be fun..

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,500 Posts
WOW Cath......THAT'S a cool day You've got ahead!

Good morning Y'All and a BIG HAPPY SUNDAY! A twist on our early to the store Sunday will be Hack n me heading to Shooters rather than WallyMart with Jen to beat the crowd of zombies. Going to pick up his new gun, and if'n I'm thinking this through correctly, should be able to get some range time in also for us getting there early'ish.

Coffee is being put to good use, and Your' breakfast sounds perfect......but betya dollars to doughnuts, pardon the intended pun, we'll be grabbing some DD's for the drive.

Loads of yard work lies ahead when we get back though....gotta pay for the fun. Grass cutting, 'pet rats' cage cleaning, yeah, if'n I didn't always have such a hard time spelling guinea pigs I'd say THAT. And generally tidying up the yard making ready for summer.

Peace n really cool wishes for All,
Hack

·
Administrator
46,742 Posts
Good Morning Cath and Hack. Sounds like fun days for you. Hack you can call them Cavies if'n Guinea Pig is to hard to spell.Back to work this am 54 already, but overcast hi near 70. Not really sore from painting but I can feel that I did more different workout than usual. Probably second coat ceiling and try to make closet presentable. Aldo need to enlisting neighbors help fitting the shelving.
Hope the day treats every one well

·
Retired Wanderer
17,225 Posts
Back to church and a simple life again. Planted phlox around the border of the yard in a corner last year and it was spectacular. Now did the whole thing. Trying to be humble and acknowledge that the displays of this on the other street are spectacular. We will follow their lead and just amp it up a little bit.

Trying to chill and study for exams at not one, but two employers tomorrow. These tests combine IQ, trick questions, electrical and mechanical knowledge. My chances are okay. There is a feeding frenzy for maintenance techs at a higher level lately, not so much enginerds. Pay is about the same, and I get to get dirty. Ain't no shame in my game.

Back to the basement project again. Had to think about it, then decided to do a pocket disappearing sliding barn door that is 48" wide. No kits for all this, so need to just get creative. Denise goes to work at 7:30 so getting noisy hanging lath over steps and behind my washer and dryer. Got funky for a while, but back to normal. I'll have a job soon and need to wring every minute out of this free time. It is precious.

There is a famous place here. Skyline Chili – Local Restaurants Near Me | Skyline
It is heresy around here, but manwich sauce with cinnamon is not quite right. Denise made great real chili and spaghetti noodles. Add grated cheese, red beans and chopped onions for something that is mind blowing. Got plenty.

Enjoy your evening.

·
15,500 Posts
3 people......THREE PEOPLE....REALLY? WOW!

Well just in case there wasn't a get out of Dodge siren I failed to hear......Had a great morning out with Our Son. Got to the gun store early, zero issues, and even got on the range. Had a nice 'Belly Buster' breakfast afterwards on the way home as well to get us through an afternoon of yard work.
I'll take Doug up on His generous offer of calling them 'Cavies'.👍........so the afternoon included cleaning their 3 story penthouse out in the yard, as they grazed away on our lawn.....not enough though as I still had to cut it. Ooooops, the lawn I meant! 🤔 😁

And after all that fun n work, We just pulled away from the table full of Italian subs, and so of course that means there's plenty left, so reach them arms on over.

Peace,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good evening, Hack, Doug, and Perry!

Hack - You had lots planned for today.... how did all of that work out? My guess you might show up here before I even finish posting.😉 I sure am glad I didn’t bet money on me being wrong.
I hope you and Nate had a good time at the range.

Doug - Oh Yeah, it sounds like classic aches and pains after doing different work, like painting a ceiling or the first gardening of spring...
How are the new gas pumps at work?

Perry - Hmmmm about cinnamon in chili .... that is an important spice for chili, but if you use more than 1/8 tsp, it’s too much. You’re not supposed to taste it. Sometimes I put mole in chili, and that has a tiny bit of cocoa powder in it.

And now for something completely different.... cath went to WallyWorld this afternoon! It’s been since sometime in 2019 that I’ve been there. 😂🥳

Everyone have a groovy evening.

·
15,500 Posts
A Wally walker, and a mole chomper? Hi Cath.....yeah, you woulda lost THAT bet. Your run of the mill, garden variety moles....the earth tunneling kind? Though you were a vegetarian? 🤔 😂
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,118 Posts
Evening all ,

A partial outdoor lawn lowering of sorts today, did the parts the big tractor/mower can't get to.

Got talked into going to a big garden center,, something like 13 acres of greenhouses, over the state line into Illinois tomorrow with Blyth. She usually goes solo, but i opened my mouth about checking out their hostas,,, so,,,,no biggie since I think rain might be in the forecast.

Yup Cath, the long dog rescue's rep called us their "problem children" foster home, since we tend to get fosters with some baggage with em,,,, overweight, diabetic,, nip prone , etc., etc. No biggie.
Plus we are their got- for bonded fosters since not many (understandably ) would like or can't foster 2 atta time. While the next chapter of fosters won't be bonded, we will be getting 2 newbs,,, one with "Born Free" in his mind,,, and the other being a human nipper a few days after adopting him. So back to trying to count dawg heads when they go out/inside, and stumble for their names when a quick vocal call out in needed.

Comfy chair next, forgot to record the 2nd Texas Indy Car race today, caught it at about lap 160 out of 240 something . Saw that it will be replayed tomorrow, so will pretend it will be live.

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
15,500 Posts
Hi Jeff! What happened to your fancy recorder?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,118 Posts
Speaking of moles Hack, just set 3 Nash mole traps near Blyth's front flower garden,, 1 usually does the trick, but setting 3 in sorta close proximity, on the same tunnel run,,, kinda insures I nab it

·
15,500 Posts
🤔 Y'All fetching them for Cath's secrete chilly recipe?😜
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A Wally walker, and a mole chomper? Hi Cath.....yeah, you woulda lost THAT bet. Your run of the mill, garden variety moles....the earth tunneling kind? Though you were a vegetarian? 🤔 😂
Hack
Hahaha! I figured you’d say that, Hack. Nawww not that kind of mole.

Jeff - Of corse you and Blyth get problem doxies. It’s because you two (And maybe the test of your pack helps too) know how to help them be their best selves.

·
15,500 Posts
All this talk of moles got's me hungry! 😁 There's Strawberry ice cream for all the good little boys n girls!
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,225 Posts
Mole sauce is awesome Cath. Sometimes it has 20 or so spices in it.

Sense TRTI coming on. Benedryl don't fail me now.

·
Super Moderator
22,118 Posts
🤔 Y'All fetching them for Cath's secrete chilly recipe?😜
Hack
Sure am! hahahaha

Like they say, "some stuff you don't want to know how its made, or made from",,,,In this case, maybe both , heheh

My buddy /co-worker for 30 plus years texted me this evening,,, a work electrician from our times in the BOF (Basic Oxygen Furnace) passes away, my buddy got a call from his wife(so he could let everyone know) We were both talking about him,,, how he skirted death soo many times,,, very bad diabetic (he "dropped out" a few times, once when we could not find him for a while,,, another where the big boss turned a corner and almost trips over Jerry) Broke his neck at work, tripped over a not quite flush bolt sticking in the concrete from a recently removed piece of machinery,,,, Lost control on a icy country road, slid off into a water filled ditch with the car upside down( His wife was able to call 911, upside down),, and had a liver transplant a few years ago,,, was very close to reaching the deadline of being fatal if a donor was not available. Along with a terrible gastric system condition.

It was a few days ago when we said that Jerry faced death so many times, and somehow won the coin flip,,,,,,

And was a year or so older than me,,,

Temps dropped as the evening arrived,, looks like we just got teased with nice warm temps since rain and cold/normal temps return for the week.

Blyth rescheduled our mega nursey trip until Tuesday, seems like tomorrow will be a day she can continue in her garden,, and I'm tasked with removing a few small'ish lil tree/shrub trunks and roots in the "round garden" she has been weeding and changing/ prepping to be mostly a wild flower garden with daffodils currently lining the outer edge. I was hinted at that those roots n lil stumps are the only thing keeping her from planting that garden, so I'm well aware of what the first job of the day is tomorrow,,, Garden center will happen on tuesday, the rainiest day of the week.

On to the evening,,

Carry on TRTrs!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts