The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My peaceful tank got disease ridden and unfortunately my fish didn't make it. Started over with new fish but are now of the semi Aggressive variety. I now have a Neon Dottyback, a pink smith damsel, a javanese damsel, a cleaner shrimp, & a diamond spotted gobygoby (my only holdover).

What else is suitable for this tank? Starting research now as B4 it was a peaceful tank.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 40 gal...My hippo tang got ich n passed it to fox face...i let the tank sit for about 3 weeks and set up a quarantine tank for future outbreaks

·
zacharY
1,308 Posts
Fish don't just pass ich on to each other... it's a parasite; not a contagious disease. Fish only get ich when they are extremely stressed, normally fish can fight it off before it even becomes visible to us. Only when a fish is stressed can it get ich. Your fish were stressed because they were in in a tank WAY too small for them. This is actually kind of a good thing - you know exactly what caused the ich, and if you don't repeat the mistake, your fish shouldn't get ich again. That said, I'd suggest maybe a pair of maroon clowns (they're pretty aggressive but also very pretty), maybe a flame angel, or maybe a wrasse of some sort. BTW, you probably can only get another 2 or so fish before you're overstocked (another cause of ich).

·
Aquatic Beginner
1,427 Posts
Id suggest a single gold stripe maroon clown. I think that would max yoyr tank.

a foxface and hippo tang in a 40. Hippos need 180 plus or 6 foot tank. Ad the foxface 125 for a lo ad 75 for a one spot.

Look up liveaquaria.com learn about the fish yoy wanna keep before you get one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts