The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, Sill battling the black ick, I am setting up one of the 55's and I made a plexiglass top with a 7 inch hole for a 10gal and used a sock full of filter material and a 500 gph pump using 3/4 pvc pipe (Pic coming soon) What a pain with out a hanging box for the back of the tank to get the input and output abou the same. I had an idea I have a bunch of those dual output walmart special hanging filter. I was thinking of drilling a whole in the filter box and attach the 3/4 pvc going to the filterbag or should I use 1/2 inch pvc into the filter and 3/4 out from the pump my drilled tank is set up for 1 inch into the filter and 3/4" out to the tank. and how can I balance the flow

ANY TRICKS WOULD BE GREATLY APRICIATED.

p.s the the yellow tank looks like a black tang right now but he is still strong enough to do his nose dance over to the blue-wrass-eat-my-worms-fast-before-I-get-mad-and-kick-your-blue-#$$!! dance:dance: .....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics

Here is what I have done so far. I also picked up a UVS for 40.00 should i use that on the sick tank as well or whould it be a waste.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, I have the uv setup on the tank that is sick, however I rigged it so it can be moved from tank to tank. is there a min flow rate I have a 1140 power head that does 300gph but I would be luck to get half that. IS there a flow rate that I should not drop below. AND FYI lowes is now selling biofilter with built in UV for ponds as well as a whole line of pumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts