The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to add more flow would someone like to give their feelings on adding 2 seio power heads (1500 gph each) or 1 tunze stream at 1600 gph.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
120G RR
40G sump with mag24 return
ASM2 skimmer
sand bottom
~150 lbs live rock
2X 150 watt metal halide
2X 130W actinic
mag 7 recirculating in tank
UV sterilizer

Fish
Angel Koran (I know)
false clown
cinamon clown
blue hippo tang
powder brown tang
lawnmower
fairy wrasse
garden variet snails/crabs

Corals / inverts
bubble tip anenome
chili coral
hammer coral
various mushrooms
frogs spawn
a few small leather frags

want list
Zoanthid
various button polyps

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,720 Posts
What you have doesn't require allot of flow, but I think I would still go with the 2 Seio 1500's. The Tunze pumps are great, top of the line, and a fair wack better than Seio, but they come with that price tag that reflects that. For your money you would get better flow out of the 1500's.

Now if the comparison was between the 2 Seio 1500's and 2 Tunze 6100's on a multicontroller it would be a different story :D

HTH,
Whiskey

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no chance of the 2 6100's and controller unless I hit the lottery !

Should I put 1 Seio higher up in the tank on one side and the other one lower near the bottom on the other side (I plan to mount using magnets)
or should I try to put them on the same level so they currents meet in the middle of the tank ?

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,720 Posts
The only thing I can say is put them both in there and play with it. I have a 1500 on the right side of my tank, and a 820 and 620 on the left. These pumps are aimed so that the streams of flow meet each other on the front pane of glass in the centre of the tank (50 gallon).

This works for me, but you might not like it much.

Whiskey

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i would say go with the seio considering they will give you the most flow for the money, and seio arnt really that bad as far as quality goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts