The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......let's see.

Top of the morning Y'All and HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY! Mid 70's heading to the mid 80's with a chance of afternoon showers......sounds like summer time here at the shore to me.

Coffee is ready, and breakfast......we'll see what's in the ole cookie jar when I go for my 3rd cup for the road.

No 'heat wave' in sight for the near future, but plenty of pretty summer time weather.....THAT WORKS for me. Anyone starting their count down to the big holiday weekend looming on the horizon?
Nate and I are in negotiations for a 'seafood' fest for Our's......keep in mind PLAN A's are notorious for changing their minds on Us.

Super groovy hopes for All,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,644 Posts
Morning Hack and others to follow.

We eat a healthy simple diet these days. I might grill up beef and street corn for the 4th though.

Still no measurable rain in sight for quite a while.

Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
Good morning Hack, Perry and all,

this hot here , but did get overcasted and signs of rain yesterday that helped cool it down a few degrees.
Our niece and son made it in last night. So it was a late night here.
have a great Wednesday.

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,423 Posts
Good morning Sirs. Hot here today. High of 90F but humid. 99F with the humidex. Will be a pool day.

Oh yes. The count down has started around here. Well at work anyway. It is one of our very busy weekends being both Canada Day and 4th of July. The recent heat has pointed out which roof top units are not running at 100% capacity so some of those to get repaired. Usually not a big deal but parts are hard to come by now as supply dwindles. What used to be in stock all the time is now a 3 week ETA in some cases.

Have a great day.

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and cookies, Hack! I’ll add bagels and scones in both sweet and savory varieties, cream cheese, PB, jams, and of course summer fruit! Jeff said something about blueberries yesterday so maybe he will have some gave us for breakfast.

Hack, your weather sounds perfect for today. Hooe your work is groovy. It’s hard to imagine that July 1 is just around the corner. Might as well get started thinking about planning to get ready for July 4 hoopla.

Perry - By eating healthy, what do you mean? Fish and chicken and rather than beef? You said something last week about potatoes being a no no. Why is that? I’ve read the sweet potatoes a better for you than white potatoes, butI eat russets, Yukon Gold, and red potatoes.

Jeff - Good luck on your errand get the birds beautified. Electus parrots certainly are beauties.
Oh yeah you get the stitches taken out of your back today. It’s about time you had something more up-to-date for your back. Glad to hear that this is working out well for you.

Vinnie come have fun with your niece and her son from Albuquerque this week! Looks like they’ll get a full dose of your weather.

Doug - Hope you get to go out in that cataraft! All the best to your LF with her move. That will drive you crazy!

We are at 68° right now and Chapman up to 98°. Oh boy. We might get rain tomorrow and Friday, and we really need it!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Morning all,
Sleepless in HoosierLand last night , gave up just before 5am.

Planned to lower the back fields before I went to suture removal/site check doc visit midday,,, still feels hot n humid this morning,, so will pass. Mostly for the H&H,,, partly since I’ll be able to take a legit shower after sutures and plastic membrane n tape on my low back are gone.
Sinuses acting up,, shnoz is hurting,, and looks like a back arthritis day starting up ,,, arrrgh.

Gonna try to make the best of it and dealt/adapt to all things “me” today.

Over than that, everything is peachy here 👍🏼🙄.

Hope everyone has a great day 👍🏼

·
Retired Wanderer
17,644 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Perry - By eating healthy, what do you mean? Fish and chicken and rather than beef? You said something last week about potatoes being a no no. Why is that? I’ve read the sweet potatoes a better for you than white potatoes, butI eat russets, Yukon Gold, and red potatoes.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!
Cath we focus on a low glycemic diet. I see they have color charts that are similar for a "noom" diet. This is not much different from Asian or Mediterranean types of eating.

We eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, plain yogurt, lowfat dairy, lean meats and minimal added sugars or chemicals. This usually involves cooking or preparing your own food. Each meal is a balance of protein, healthy unsaturated fats and protein.

Monday night I made a grain side of lentils with mungbeans. These were cooked and flavored with unsalted chicken broth and garam masala. Grilled salmon filets and a salad rounded out the meal. Lunch is a turkey or roast beef sandwich on healthy bread with lots of veggies. Not a crazy diet but easy to maintain. I also read the label on any beverages and look for excess sugar (the AHA recommends 38g max, and the average person is three times that), chemicals and other things. We will see if my next round of labs drops into the healthy range instead of slightly high.

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Afternoon all,
Doc appt to check the week old incision on my back went,,, not favorable. The doc said ( had one filling in for my regular dude ) tape and steri strips were messed up,,, he redid em and stressed to take it easy and not bend a lot,,, all I can do is try 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Gotta go back in tomorrow for a recheck ,,,,fingers crossed.
While I was not total statue this last week, I sure was not close to my normal “active”.
Just wanna get this done and behind me,,, hurry up skin and close up /heal , hehe.
Dog Photograph Dog breed Carnivore Sharing

Edit:Addition:
The GSD breeder I been following on FB ( sorta near me , super cool dogs that check all the boxes on what I feel is the best looking German Shepherds look like ) posted that the aforementioned breeding took place for the “fall” litter 👍🏼. I messaged them asking if they were taking deposits/reservations on the litter yet. She just responded saying that she sure can put me on “the list”( happy dance in my mind , haha) and the list will start when pregnancy is confirmed. Fingers crossed, but looks like I’m in the game for getting a new fresh pup in Oct. King is gonna be over the moon with having a dawg that looks like him to play with and tutor 😉. I will be too, but not like I HAD to say it , heheh.
Plenty of time to come up THE right name , unless the breeder contractually has it where names have to start with a certain letter , to tie in with that litter. But “everyday name” is cool for both parties,,, it’s the foo foo fancy long name for the records thing being the “ legal” name.
Fall seems a long way away,,, but I’m ok ( sorta ) with waiting .

Hope everyone is having a great day!

• Love
Reactions: hackshobby and cath

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Wow! We sure did have a day of heavy trading on this thread. Part of it I missed this morning because I was composing a long post, and several people came along during that time. Not that I’m complaining. Each post had a important message or interesting story. I wish I could do that today.😉

Jeff, that sure is a bummer about your back. We all know that you and the other guys in this group have a real hard time taking it easy. That is not in your playbooks.😂 At least you got some hopeful news about getting a new GSD in the fall.

Vinnie, our temperature up to 98, but we don’t have the humidity you have. It’s only 24%! Thank goodness for that.

I better quit before somebody else chimes in. Everybody make it a groovy evening one way or the other!

Reactions: VWD

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Howdy Cath, and the rest of the evening crew.

I better quit before somebody else chimes in. Everybody make it a groovy evening one way or the other!
I'll take 'the other' as I like bringing up the rear......THANKS!

Bologna n cheese and macaroni salad for an unwinder after work.
For the 4th, we started brain storming the other day, so the potential list grows.....

Steamed clams 'Topnecks'....usually 200
Fried clams 'Whole clams'
Clam Stew
Clam chowder 'Manhattan'. ("Never made before, so an experiment.")
Fish steaks 'Tuna/shark/Swordfish ect.
and
Hot Dogs of course.

Looking at Sunday for the shin digging so I can squeeze in some nothingness on the 4th.

Hack's fine tuning PLANS for a gathering of His Friends, perhaps for this weekend......His 1st hoopla of the summer season.

Time to go hunting.....

Baseball bat Cartoon Gesture Font Line

.......DESERT!:cool:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hunting trip went well......bagged my limit. Couldn't decide between my two favorite fare, so bagged em both....'oooooowy and goooooowy'! Thomas's English muffins absolutely dripping in butter and grape jelly....napkins proved useless so I got an Oliver on my lap.
Hack

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Evening all, Jeff sorry the incision is not progressing like it should. Cath as far as weather if its gotta be hot that aint bad. Vinny and Hack, I feel your pain on hi F /Hi H. it touched 90+ here but hoomidity was lower, so it werent so bad.
Trying to figure out what to make for dinner, Phiily Cheez Steakes if LF calls back and is in mood, otherwise Surimi, cream cheese, and veggies egg rolls. ( make a bunch and freeze, she cant eat cause of shell fish allergy. Otherwise she is perfect)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts