The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a shipment of Base rock from HIRocks and am very happy with the quality of the rocks. Sure beats the $5.99 a lb I paid in the lps for my other rock. I now need to know how go about seeding this rock..... How would one do that..... I have 40lbs of Figi LR in another tank but dont want to disrupt any of that.... is there another way of going about it, and how long would it take?

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
what is your final plan for the base rock? is it going into another bigger tank?

i would think that the base rock is pretty inert. i do not think you would get any ill effects like you would from uncured LR. i would think after a quick rinse you could put it in your tank, if this was the reason to get it.

if you are putting it into another tank then i would just hold onto it until you get it set up. then remove as much of the LR from the other tank, up to about half, i would not go over half. you still need the filtering properties in the old tank. then as the tank cycles the base rock will become more live.

G~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts