The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys . Just wondering what i can do to make my clown eat . this is my senond 1 now . first 1 died cuz it was not eating . now this one hasnt ate for 4-5 days now . i have been trying the garlic on my shrimp . nothing is workin , is it just cuz my other clown isnt letting him or what.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Need more info, type of clown(s), size diff, how long has first one been in the tank, do you see the first one going after the new one, size of tank, water perameters good?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have 2 true percs. the 1 has been in there for about a month , at that time i bought 2 . the 1 stoped eating and died, then i bought another 1 abit smaller , he or she was doin fine swimmin like crazy eating and now he just chills at the bottom . i put my brine shrimp in with the garlic and he goes near it but doesnt eat. right now hes chillinat the bottom . and another thing , the main clown has ick i think its called . its there at night but then goes away. how do i get rid of that as well???

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
its very possible that the other clown has ich as well and has stopped eating b/c of that. Is it a fish only setup? how often do you cahnge the water? what kind of filteration do you have? can you test the water params? how long has tank been setup? rock and sand? DO you have hospital tank? Sorry so many questions but all the info possible is helpful in treating ich which if I had to guess I would think is the prob atm.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Ok it is probably a combination of things, your tank is 2 months old you added rock and a skimmer a week or two ago, you have ich in the tank, you have an established dominant clown in the tank, and I'm guessing your water peramiters are less than ideal. I reviewed your previous posts to try and figure this out. All of these things are stressful to your new clown, the others were able to adapt as conditions in the tank changed. No lectures just trying to help understand what I think may be going on, correct me if I am wrong.

Suggestions:

Slow down!

Don't buy any livstock untill you get the ich out of the way, your tank is fully cycled and the water peramiters are on target.

If you don't have a QT, you may need to treat the tank for ich. I don't know what else you have in the tank so use caution most treatments can harm/kill corals and or inverts.

Remove both clowns move the aquascape around some so both clowns think they are in a new tank setting this may help disorient the dominant fish. Yes this is stressful but since you did not say how much stress the new clown is getting, it may help and yes remove them as carfuly as you can, take the rock out first, moving the rock while they stay in the tank does not work.

Try some live food/brine to get it to eat, add a bit of frozen if it starts eating.

It is not easy to make a pair of clowns become a pair, if you really want a pair, take the two you have back once healthy and wait untill your tank cycles fully, your rock is cured/colonized, and your water peramiters are good then when potential problems/stressors are removed and only then buy a mated pair.

Good luck

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Ok it is probably a combination of things, your tank is 2 months old you added rock and a skimmer a week or two ago, you have ich in the tank, you have an established dominant clown in the tank, and I'm guessing your water peramiters are less than ideal. I reviewed your previous posts to try and figure this out. All of these things are stressful to your new clown, the others were able to adapt as conditions in the tank changed. No lectures just trying to help understand what I think may be going on, correct me if I am wrong.

Suggestions:

Slow down!

Don't buy any livstock untill you get the ich out of the way, your tank is fully cycled and the water peramiters are on target.

If you don't have a QT, you may need to treat the tank for ich. I don't know what else you have in the tank so use caution most treatments can harm/kill corals and or inverts.

Remove both clowns move the aquascape around some so both clowns think they are in a new tank setting this may help disorient the dominant fish. Yes this is stressful but since you did not say how much stress the new clown is getting, it may help and yes remove them as carfuly as you can, take the rock out first, moving the rock while they stay in the tank does not work.

Try some live food/brine to get it to eat, add a bit of frozen if it starts eating.

It is not easy to make a pair of clowns become a pair, if you really want a pair, take the two you have back once healthy and wait untill your tank cycles fully, your rock is cured/colonized, and your water peramiters are good then when potential problems/stressors are removed and only then buy a mated pair.

Good luck
I agree with this! if he won't eat the frozen with garic then Live Brine should work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts