The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sebae anemone last night from my lfs. They have been very helpful in setting up my tank. I asked what would be the best anemone for my two clowns to host and she suggested the sebae. I bought it without researching which was stupid on my part. I called today and told the female I had read bad things about sebaes. She said you cant believe everything you read online. She advised to spot feed it brine shrimp as it will move around the tank until it finds a spot it likes. It was attached to a rock when i brought it home. After acclimating it, I placed it in the tank. After 4 hours it moved to the back of the tank under my live rock cave. It is a light yellow to almost white. I know that's not a good thing. It appears inflated and is stuck to the sand and rear of tank. Is there hope for it if spot fed? Any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

· Registered
3,106 Posts
I have a gtba that hides in the shade. I was told to try using screen over the tank above the anemone, like window screen in 3 layers and take off one a week until its acclimated to the leds. You might want to try that.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like a good idea. I might look into that. It's doing a little better but still in the back of the tank under the live rock, but I noticed it's getting some light back there. Hopefully he'll start eating something soon.

· Registered
715 Posts
What color is it? (( if it is white, it is bleached -- the track record for an H. crispa recovering from being bleached is poor at best )).

Actually just saw the "tags" and you used white, so I can safely assume that it is a bleached one. Ideally the LFS will take it back -- do NOT let them tell you that this is a normal healthy color, it is not.

What size tank? (( is this a 28? ))
What are your current water parameters -- with numbers please.
How long has the tank been set up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.