The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to this site and also some what new to having a marine aquarium, so please bare with. Anyway I have a purple tip sebae in my tank that the LFS dude probably shoulda advised me on waiting till my tank was more established. The anemone looks like it has good and bad days, but as of yesterday it attached to a big turbo snails shell and goes wherever the snail goes. Is this okay? Should I let them be? I've had the nem for a week and half, and my tank is only 2 and a half months young.

· Registered
201 Posts
Your tank is way too new for the success of your anemone most likely. There are a lot of threads on the board regarding anemon care.

Read up. It will help a lot. Light flow stable water all play a role in anemone survival.

Doc

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya thats a big NO. They told me it was not a difficult nem to keep healthy, they did tell me to just add a lil bit more brine shrimp during my normal feeding and if any of my clowns have not taken to it hand feed it a lil brine shrimp. He is still on the shell of that big turbo snail, but now he's starting to split. Is there anything I can do to aid this process (add some kind of nutrient, more flow, less flow, more light, less light) for a healthy split. Lemme knowif you wanna see a pic. Thank you so much for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.