The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few of you on here that have seahorses. I just purchased one and I wanted to get some ideas of the best way to teach him to eat from a feeding station. I purchased a little acrylic one and don't know how to start the process. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
You can visit the seahorses and pipefish fourm here on trt and get personolized attention about seahorses from trt's seahorse experts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted on there but only got one response that wasn't very helpful for my situation. I thought I would try and post on here as well.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
may I suggest you asking also at www.seahorse.org, &/or www.syngnathid.org you'll get all the info you could possibly think of asking at those two websites.
I was unsuccessful at getting my horses to eat at a station, and to this day they still snub frozen, I just ordered more live food for them. What species do you have, and are they wild caught or captive bred? That's important, cuz if they're captive bred then they should be used to eating frozen and it will make it much easier for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts