The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its made by sea_lab marine aquarium products its supposed to be an automatic replenisher and ph/buffer reset. Heres what the first paragraph says in the add that was given to me.:

Sea-Lab 14/28 Seawater chemistry
Sea-Lab 14/28 chemistry comprises just 2 easy to use products, Formula 28 Automatic Replenisher and Formula 14 ph/Buffer reset. The combination of the 2 provides complete and automatic control of concentrations of calcium, strontium, all trace elements, Phosphates, and heavy metal contaminants to those found in natural seawater, below levels that register "zero" on test kit scales.
Sea-Lab 14/28 chemistry also replenishes the alkaline earth metal buffer system, Maintaining natural ocean alkalinity levels.

This is the first part that you read but i'll see if I can find a web page with the whole brochure on it. The reason I asked is because it was said to me that this item works realy great and I should try it but I figured I would ask here before trying it.

·
Administrator
48,732 Posts
SM ESV, KENT and several other companies make 2 part additives that elevate and or maintain Calcium, and Alkalinity levels. They may or may not add needed or even disired "trace elements"
Sounds like a bit too much Promotion and less reality.
I am always sent into condition Red by "miracle products" , I don't think there are any, some may work based on science, but the more outlandish the calaims the louder the siren screams :(

·
Administrator
48,732 Posts
Sea lab # 28 works perfect ! I have used it for years, and highly recommend it! #14 I am going to try soon and I am sure of the same results !
So what is it that you believe it has done for you?/ and have you tried any other products that perform a parallel function that you can compare to?

·
Administrator
48,732 Posts
quick google search shows one dealer that carries the stuff, it's a little thin on any real data which tends to set off my MW alarm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.