Super Moderator
22,113 Posts
Thanks Tom!
VERY cool!:beer:
And ditto on the soundtrack on being great also! :D

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Fascinating biology lesson! I'd say he probably made an "A" on his thesis.

Dick:)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Great video! I too think the guy deserves a good grade! Wolfe, wouldn't the early life cycle of the urchin be very close to that of a sea biscut? I think they are fairly closely related - are they both echinoderms?

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Great video! I too think the guy deserves a good grade! Wolfe, wouldn't the early life cycle of the urchin be very close to that of a sea biscut? I think they are fairly closely related - are they both echinoderms?
i think it probably would be. but im still curious

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
That is toooo cooool! I wonder how they "induce gamete release"? For those of us interested in this type of research, getting them to spawn is the first HUGE hurtle to get over.

I believe that sexual reproduction is the future of our hobby, so it's nice to see that more and more people are working on it.

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
That is toooo cooool! I wonder how they "induce gamete release"? For those of us interested in this type of research, getting them to spawn is the first HUGE hurtle to get over.

I believe that sexual reproduction is the future of our hobby, so it's nice to see that more and more people are working on it.
good to see you around. :)

how are you doing?

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
good to see you around. :)

how are you doing?
I'm doing well.:agree: Thanks for asking.

I'm setting up a cooking tank for my LR tonight. Things will be back in order before long.

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
I'm doing well.:agree: Thanks for asking.

I'm setting up a cooking tank for my LR tonight. Things will be back in order before long.
good to hear :)

i saw a store with an elegance coral in their display and i thought of you :)

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, "The Sea Buscuit Cafe" is my favorite place to eat breakfast, Doug would be right at home there, throwback to the 60's and all... :redhat:

http://www.10best.com/Charleston,SC...unch/75246/Sea_Biscuit_Cafe_Isle_Of_Palms_SC/

I have been known to get up at 4 to be there in time for an 8:30 am breakfast, then go out to fish the shoals or shrimp in the creeks of Wadmalaw for the rest of the day... ... a great road trip, then a long hot shower and dress for supper at Blossom's or the Anson's or FIG or the Charleston Grill or Magnolia's...

Man, I gotta go down there this weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts