The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a sea apple for my tank. I have, assorted soft coral, scooter blenny, and clingfish. How hardy are they? And when they die naturally, do they release toxin? Or is it when they get eaten only? :arg:I have had a sea hare die and no adverse effects on the tank.
Thanks!

· Registered
191 Posts
lol i had a sea hair climb down the drain and plug it, causing over flow when i was not here, and he did not release toxin either. i asked lfs about this, and the fellow told me of all the sea slugs they had ever got in, only one inked, and it was when he first put it in the tank.

· Premium Member
6,362 Posts
They only eviscerate when they are stressed. Not if they starve. The toxin is a piscine toxin, in that it will only kill fish. But, the sudden overload of death and nutrients can cause other problems.

· Premium Member
6,362 Posts
My Pentacta anceps closes up for about a day after a water change but is fine after that. And there is usually a 1-2 degree change and 0.001-0.002 change in salinity at first. And mine is very closely related to a sea apple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.