The Reef Tank banner

SCWD—Squid—Wavemaker + Ocean Motions' Revolutions?

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  mjsandbe 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I have a Squid for my return and then 3 PH's on a wavemaker powerbar (they alternate every minute). It puts lots of random movement in the tank and my LPS and Softies love it.

#10 ·
I was so impressed with the revolutions that I sold them two weeks after I picked them up:D For some tanks they may work great, but the nozzles just created too fine of a stream for my liking which hit corals in a way that were not liking them. Don't get me wrong I love OM products, but this one was not for me.

#15 ·
I am not too worried about flow reduction, I am happy with the flow at this point. I have bigger pumps if I need them. I am willing to experiment if it means that I can use a $30 SCWD verses a $180 2 way Squirt. I am hopeful that clean water and a little vinegar can keep my SCWD running for some time to come. Even if it does not, I am not out much money :)

#17 ·
Of course, using a bigger pump will bump up your electricity bill. I went through 2 SQWDs before I gave up on them. I'd definitely go with the new 1 inch SQWD over the original.
I ended up getting a wavy sea for each end of my tank and I absolutely love them! I set them on 2 different speeds and get a totally randow flow pattern!

#18 ·
Like I have said before, I am happy with the flow through the system that my Mag 9.5 is pushing. Since it is my sump pump, I actually don't want too much flow through my sump. The great thing about the setup, as it is now, is that I do not have to pug it in, I am rather sick about many plugs I already have ;) My whole experiment will hinge on the longevity of the SCWD, wish me luck :agree:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.