1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I have a Squid for my return and then 3 PH's on a wavemaker powerbar (they alternate every minute). It puts lots of random movement in the tank and my LPS and Softies love it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Check out the Wavy Seas. They look real nice. Or just go big and get a Tunze Wave box for the $500 lol

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I really like my SCWD, but I noticed a small decrease in the amount of flow after installing it. But it was cheap and cost nothing to run it (no electricity on its part).

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
I was so impressed with the revolutions that I sold them two weeks after I picked them up:D For some tanks they may work great, but the nozzles just created too fine of a stream for my liking which hit corals in a way that were not liking them. Don't get me wrong I love OM products, but this one was not for me.

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
I had a SCWD that lasted 6 months. Better off with an Oceans Motions Squirt converted to a 2-Way.

·
Enjoy it now
4,085 Posts
There is a HUGE price difference between the two. I could replace the SCWD many times before getting to the price of one Squirt
The squirt will outlast the scwd and will not reduce your input flow as much...better off with the squirt IMO

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not too worried about flow reduction, I am happy with the flow at this point. I have bigger pumps if I need them. I am willing to experiment if it means that I can use a $30 SCWD verses a $180 2 way Squirt. I am hopeful that clean water and a little vinegar can keep my SCWD running for some time to come. Even if it does not, I am not out much money :)

·
Enjoy it now
4,085 Posts
I am not too worried about flow reduction, I am happy with the flow at this point. I have bigger pumps if I need them. I am willing to experiment if it means that I can use a $30 SCWD verses a $180 2 way Squirt. I am hopeful that clean water and a little vinegar can keep my SCWD running for some time to come. Even if it does not, I am not out much money :)
:thumbup:

that's what is most important..your happiness and enjoyment of the hobby :D Not all of us have the same ideas and we all love to try different approaches :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Of course, using a bigger pump will bump up your electricity bill. I went through 2 SQWDs before I gave up on them. I'd definitely go with the new 1 inch SQWD over the original.
I ended up getting a wavy sea for each end of my tank and I absolutely love them! I set them on 2 different speeds and get a totally randow flow pattern!

·
www.RMMAC.org Dreamer
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like I have said before, I am happy with the flow through the system that my Mag 9.5 is pushing. Since it is my sump pump, I actually don't want too much flow through my sump. The great thing about the setup, as it is now, is that I do not have to pug it in, I am rather sick about many plugs I already have ;) My whole experiment will hinge on the longevity of the SCWD, wish me luck :agree:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts