The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious, do most of you free stack your rock, or are you using some epoxy or something to put some bits together?

If so, what are you using?

I had read somewhere about people using a drill and specially made dowels to do certain stacking in order to keep things movable, although this was many years ago. I don't recall the specifics, does anyone have any leads on that any longer?

The bottom of my stack is going very well, but I am having some issue getting the top couple of pieces to stack up the way I would like, and actually be stable in position. Any recommendations?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
i actually embedded the bottom row of LR in to my epoxy bottom to make it very stable. i then used some of the sand embedded epoxy to glue a few of the LR bits together to make larger chunks for easy removal if need be. though it will not take long for corals to grow enough to ruin just about any well laid plans. the object is to make your LR structure as open as possible to allow easy removal of any detritus that can form. under the structure.

G~

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The setup is BB, and I left lots of room around everything from all sides, as well as for water flow to be good with cleanup in mind. It never fails that there comes a time you have to do some unstacking for various purpose.

The thing is that I have a large piece that I would like to place on top of some smaller less desirable looking pieces. I was not fortunate enough at this time to find all the Atlantic base rock I was looking for. I would like to secure this one rock in such a way as it won't slide, or fall over, but would like for it to be removable down the road as I expect I will come across the rock I am hunting for at some point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts