The Reef Tank banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Reef Cave
480g in progress!
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Got the light hanging bar done (aluminum). And got the lights up! Was excited to see if they would be enough and I do think they are!
Blue Purple Building Entertainment Electric blue

Attachments

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,945 Posts
Got the light hanging bar done (aluminum). And got the lights up! Was excited to see if they would be enough and I do think they are!
View attachment 242187
Very nice!!! Are you planning to run the lights that close to the water? Or is that just so you have adjustability all the way down?

Whiskey

·
Reef Cave
480g in progress!
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Very nice!!! Are you planning to run the lights that close to the water? Or is that just so you have adjustability all the way down?

Whiskey
I will most likely be running them about 6 inches above water line. It will depend on how high the rock structures are. I have a max of about 8 “ off water line available.

the tank is 36” tall, hoping there will be enough par for meaty corals on the sand bed. We shall see

·
Reef Cave
480g in progress!
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Another update from the tank builder:

The 1” acrylic the tank is now being built out of…. Is still another 3-4 weeks out. There is a shortage due to covid on 1” acrylic, so the manufacturer is on a order to order basis. My builders supplier notified them yesterday of this and said it will be 3-4 weeks before the acrylic is in his hands.

I am guessing it will be about 2 months until my new tank is built and then shipped

uggg lol

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
That may be why they went with the thinner plastic the first time. Didn’t want to keep you waiting.

·
Reef Cave
480g in progress!
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
That may be why they went with the thinner plastic the first time. Didn’t want to keep you waiting.
Not sure, they have been wonderful with the customer service and have been great with handling my concerns thus far. Only downside is waiting. The owner has built many tanks this size and has always used 3/4 “ with great long term results. But he is honoring me and my proof of other shops statements that it should be 1” thick on all four viewing sides, and didn’t charge me a dime extra for all the trouble I’ve been through.
Like I said, putting faith in them to make things right. The builder himself said he will be delivering the tank so I will get a good chance to go through everything with him on it when it arrives

121 - 131 of 131 Posts