The Reef Tank banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Reef Cave
480g in progress!
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
That's some great progress! I can't wait for the tank to arrive!

Do you have front access to that Sump?

Whiskey
I have only full rear access to the sump in the fish room. The sump is built in. If there were ever an issue with the sump, I will need to cut out an access panel in the left fish tank room wall. And slide the tank out to the left of the stand. It’s a real sturdy 120g though, doubt I’ll ever have issues but who knows lol

·
Premium Member
25,270 Posts
It doesn’t looks like you will have front access to the tank, when I did tank maintenance years back I hated to clean tanks with only rear access. It makes it lots harder. You can’t see what you are cleaning on the front panel and have to get up and down and keep checking to make sure you are getting it all off. Or have a person in front yelling back at you where you are missing.
when we installed in wall tanks we would explain this to the customers, some would take our advice and other not.

·
Reef Cave
480g in progress!
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
I went back to see you how deep, you will have 2 feet to reach over the rock and coral to get to bottom of front display panel. In the beginning it’s not real bad until coralline algae take a food hold.
You may have taken everything into consideration. I just want to throw it out there
Yea for sure. I plan on spending good money on front glass acrylic algae scrapers. Also. The deck I built behind the tank will put my waste above the rim of the tank which will allow me to really get down in there. Having an in wall tank is a pain, I had one (220g) years ago and I remember it was a pain but I managed. Now with a full deck behind the tank I’m hoping to make the cleaning process even more manageable. I will also have to build my reef appropriately and make sure I give myself enough room to reach down over the reef to the bottom glass.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts