The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a Red Sea Berlin XL Skimmer...

Rated for 150-400 gallons with pump..... all for the whopping cost of $55.... :)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I want one where do I sign?

Jeff

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
buzz do me a favor. shoot me some pics of it! lots of pics. all angles. closeup's etc... (good thing i dont ask for much :) )

i've been wanting to try and model my diy skimmer after the red sea, but cant find good pics or dimensions on the thing. like the diameter of all the different tubes, pipes, hoses, etc.. heights and so on.

i'd really appreciate it bud. since it's not in the water yet. or at least i assume it isnt ;)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course it's got water Jay..... I thought youy'd know me better than that by now.... :)

No probs.... I'll take loads of pics and will get all the specs for diameters and stuff...

It's almost 3 feet tall... It's way overkill for what I have right now, but down the road it's gonna be a big win at that price...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Buzz since you will be measuring it, make sure to charge him surveyor fees.....$75 an hour sounds about right...and take your time to be "exact". Then sit back and eyeball it while the clock ticks.
Dave Jr

·
Registered
706 Posts
I can understand someone doing it for a challenge.....just to be able to say "hey I can do that"....however this is Jay we are talking about....I'm going to go with "Gluton for Punishment".

Dave

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
thefatman said:
i've been wanting to try and model my diy skimmer after the red sea, but cant find good pics or dimensions on the thing. like the diameter of all the different tubes, pipes, hoses, etc.. heights and so on.
Jay, you'd be better off copying one of Andy's excellent Skimmers.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
umm, just cuz i heard they were the best :)

i didn't know they were three tubes!!!

what skimmers does andy make?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
thefatman said:
what skimmers does andy make?
Andy at MY Reef Creations

...althouI am pretty good at acrylic fabrications, I had Andy make one for me, as by the time and money I would have spent acquiring all the stuff and putting it together, I would have spent more than I did just outright buying one from Andy. Excellent skimmer, greatbuy, especially for larger tanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.