The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank specs are as follows: 55 gal. acrylic tank, inhabitants are a clown (believe to be female as it is larger), 5 turbo snails, 5 hermits (blue legged), strip lighting with 10,000k daylight and true actinic 03 T5 flourescent lamp bulbs (48 inch and 24 inch with same specs) so that makes wattage 56 watts, no corals, have live rock approximately 8-10 large/small pieces, we have a few worms (half purple/half pink-look like centipedes) not sure what they are, a conti anemone and a mandarin. I believe that is it. Will let you know on updates....:banana:I think I am learning... Oh, and filter is a Whisper designed for a 50 gallon tank; however, this is one of the items I plan on disposing of shortly and gaining the right setup. No skimmer but have no reef....Fighting red slime but doing water changes as I do not want to resort to pesticides....Filter changes are occuring more frequently and planning on the purchase of more live rock with more turbo snails as they are doing a number on the slime algae.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have added a powerhead and taken off the Whisper filter. Algae still apparent but diminishing as I am adding 5mL of algae control per three days with water changes. All algae gone off of live sand but now on rock. Gotta get it off that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts