The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i am just looking for a little advise regarding my latest addition a royal gramma he was added to my tank yesterday and immediately took refuge in a near by rock .... unfortunately this renders him non viewable for the majority of the time... my friend has a royal gramma andit is always out swiming should I block the entrance & exit to thisd cave and force him to relocate his home??? or should I just provide a few more days for him to adapt to his new home?

My concern is that if he does not leave the nest he will not eat .. and starve....

·
Registered
316 Posts
I lost my gramma last year during a move in the winter. Just got a new one a few weeks ago and he hid for the first day or so but has been very active ever sence

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Don't try blocking holes or anything like that. The fish is stressed from the move and new environment. It needs a good hiding place where it can calm down. It may take a few days, but just let it come out in its own time.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Royal Gamma is always the first to disappear when someone's near or around the tank..
He came out for a sec to try and grab a little to eat but he basically just peaks out of the rock and returns to it... he does stay in the open long @ all.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The little guy has been out and about all day today he is eating well and I guess looking for the most confortable rock because he has been testing out several locations today lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts