The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could be.....Love this winter break thing....I DON'T CARE IF'N I'M WRONG!

Good morning Rick and all our Friends pulling up a chair to the TRT Training/Breakfast Table this fine winter's day.....HAPPY SATURDAY or there about.

Coffee is going to work, and grub.....pretty sure will be meandering down the road.

19 heading towards FREEZING latter.

Taking one of our 'adopted kids' to my Brother's gun store this morning to buy their first pistol. Was there with them last week to look, now going back with His Wife's approval to lay the money down....WISE MAN!
Heading out about 10:00.....

When we get back home, they'll be helping us get the 210 gallon tank outside......sniffle, sniffle....

Let's go see what today holds for Us....PEACE,
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
661 Posts
Mornin Hack & crew. Up bumpin around early today. Woke up and it was too early yet but the brain managed to turn on before the eyes shut back down so here I am.

Not sure what is happening today. The wife works and I am off with the boy. Lots of options.

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Up bumpin around early today. Woke up and it was too early yet but the brain managed to turn on before the eyes shut back down so here I am.
OH I soooooo know THAT! Up at 3:30....WHY? Yet when I'm up, I'm UP.
Now after 2 cups od coffee there's not a chance of reversing that.
Hack

·
Registered
661 Posts
The little lady is off to work shortly, she has to be in early. After that the house will be mine until the boy wakes up. He is 16 and growing so sleeps most of the morning. Later if I enlist the help of the dogs a nap on the couch is possible.

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a well known 'thing' round here when Hack n I are turned loose on the world, trepidation grows. He will be joining us at the gun store this morning....Nate's also just turned 16.
Hack

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nice. I really need to redo my license. I inherited some of my grandfathers long guns back in the late 80’s. I wasn’t a hunter so got a POL - possession only licence - and squirrelled them away. Years later they discontinued that licence and mine expired. I have a friend who is ex-military and an avid hunter so I do get to go to the range a few times a year. Skeet shooting is my favorite. I am going to get him to set me up with a decent course.

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Owing both to the fact that I'm lazy, as well as nosy I came crossed these Cinnamon Rolls....forgot I bought them the other day. 30 seconds in the ole micro zapper, nice n sticky and HOT......a glass of milk to help dilute the effects of drinking soooooo much coffee so early and we have a winner!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! Hot chocolate and cinnamon raisin toast are ready to fill your tummies. Baked apples on the side.
Have fun when you’re out and about.

Rick - Have a great day off! Enjoy that nap with your doggies this afternoon.

Jeff - I enjoyed your account of Molly being cuddly with you. She’s a real charmer with her big bird daddy.

Today is Bobbi’s birthday so I’m fixing a special dinner: Crockpot Ratatouille, bread choice undecided, and my grandfather’s Depression Era chocolate cake. I was going to make savory Rosemary biscotti that would go well with the ratatouille, but I don’t know if that will work out today. I’ll make it for her later. Bobbi and her husband are coming over here early afternoon

lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good morning Cath.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBI!

Mouth Toy Table Headgear Wood

NICE choice Cath.....Need some help?
Hack

·
Administrator
47,668 Posts
Morning all, waiting on update to deceased friend saga, wife who was in a different ward at hospital did not know till all the sons got there. Last I heard she is now on ventilator and not caring if she survives. Dark times
Hopefully today treats you well

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,431 Posts
Good morning all,

Trying to wake up, need more coffee.

may rain today,

·
Retired Wanderer
17,478 Posts
Morning everyone. Been busy bouncing between storms and states.

Leigh and her daughter are off to a three day spa resort girls trip, so I am home alone with the doggies and kitty. I am trying to get the floor prepped in the basement for the arrival of the fancy waterproof floor. Lot of tack strips and nails to pry. This covered some ancient vinyl tile, so lots of staples to pull as well with the padding.

Got about five inches here, and five inches at our lab site at the PA/VA line. Home for a couple of weeks now and will be hoping to join you all at the table daily for a bit.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Afternoon all,

After a trip into town for some gasket sealant( and seeing 4 different sets of 4-5 deer either standing in the road or zipping across the roads I was traveling ) came home and put in some quality time with the boids , then out to the shop to R&R the valve cover gaskets on Sis’s Deere mower . Fingers crossed that’ll fix the mystery oil leak ( plus it was cause #1 with online forum comments) and hoping to get it back to her tomorrow ( less floor space taken in the pole barn over winter). Doing the last of the clean/“wax”/ detailing and then it’ll go outside for a engine start and watch fer smoke ,or not 🤞🏻.

Word is freezing rain in a few hrs, and last until next morning. No plans of going anywhere, so let it happen.

Back to “work”,,

Hope everyone is having a great day !👍🏼

Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

·
Administrator
47,668 Posts
After noon all, sun broke through and it's near 50F here on the hill. Took her dawg up the Mt to the creek that I shoot all the time, with rain and snow melt creek was interesting.
Friends wife is OK at present as far as I know but one of the sons wives may be in hosp now. Unverified., all vaxxed,varied, daughter and grands are ok, I am too old and Horner to give in

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Evening all,
Wild pics of the trees Doug👍🏼( and the puppy dawg❤)

Well, it’s a crazy time to be driving in these parts , according to the police radio and plow drivers,,, freezing rain started about 3 hrs ago and roads n everything are ice covered. Radio calls I’ve not stopped with all the accidents and slide offs.And the plow drivers have been whining /reporting that the roads are SLICK, with one driver saying he was stopped and his truck started sliding to the shoulder of the road. NOT a good time to be on the roads , with the tow truck companies and body shops grinning and wringing their hands now.

Dawgs having no fun coming off the deck stairs to the back patio when it’s slickery.

Now hearing over the radio that it might be close to closing down all the roads,,,just means all expressway traffic will be on “side” streets, also super slick and travelers not knowing where they are, oh joy.

Finishing up a evening visit session with the boids now, then recliner and dawg ballast on my lap time.

Hope everyone had a great day 👍🏼

• Wow
Reactions: cath and hackshobby

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the night time Y'All......It's Saturday evening, there's got to be coolness round here....NOT Jeff's kind of cool.

Feet cocked up after a long day, and sipping on a new Scotch the Sam's gave me for Christmas.....will share the thoughts down in M'Ville.

Got our 210 gallon fish tank out the door, and the room is a room once again.

Doug, sorry to hear of the evolving sadness down there with your Friends. You just keep right on being 'old n ornery'.

I got a Scotch to tast test.....be groovy,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Good evening, everyone! C

Morning all, waiting on update to deceased friend saga, wife who was in a different ward at hospital did not know till all the sons got there. Last I heard she is now on ventilator and not caring if she survives. Dark times
Hopefully today treats you well
Doug - Heartbreaking times for that family. :( Good thing you can offer support, even if it’s your voice in a phone call.

Beautiful snowy photos on the mountain.

Perry - Great hearing from you!
Yeah with being able to make some noise with your home improvement projects.

Jeff - Holy moly that’s some scary stuff going on with your road conditions caused by wintery weather. Good thing you got home safely!

Nitee nite, everyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts