The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......Saturdays as good as any guess.

Top of the morning, and brrrrrrrrr.....57F to start us off heading to the mid 80's. HAPPY SATURDAY Y'ALL!
A good feeling day to be outside.......even if'n it starts by spending half of it at the creek. Far as I know it's just the one boat on my plate this morning......waiting for the high tide round 10a. Has a 6' draft, and our lift well is 6' at HIGH TIDE. Most the time it snags our slings and have to baby it in. Just ain't worth it. Paying me to come in on a Saturday.....sit around for a couple hours with NOTHING TO DO, then the hauling debacle. The boss loses money week after week on this. '?'

Coffee is quite acceptable, and crumbly doughnuts to drive the dogs nuts.

PLAN A is 4H fair this afternoon/evening, and looks like nice 'walking around' weather will be in place for THAT.
Let's go kick some tires,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,796 Posts
Woohoo. It’s long sleeve t shirt weather this morning.

I’ll be unpacking into my new garage at the lake place today. Need to change my oil and do rear brakes too.

Her brand new gas dryer never worked completing the trifecta of water heater and dishwasher. Easy fixes, just finish the installation people are paying you for.

enjoy your day everyone.

·
Super Moderator
28,520 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and crumbly donuts, Hack. I’ll add cut up peaches to go on top of your choice of cereals. I really do need to make some more peach muffins. That sounds so good.

Hack - That’s an odd description of your work these days, but it’s true! Oh well, go home when you’re supposed to and then enjoy the evening of 4-H activities. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Perry, I will really understand what you said about the dryer not working. But if you can fix it, go for it!

Vinnie, it looks like there’sa tropical something hovering near the western Louisiana border what’s up with that? Is that a new disturbance?

It’s a cool 68° here this morning. I’m going to treat Bobbi and Hal to a simple Panera lunch for the day after their anniversary. Bobbi and I like to sit outside but Hal doesn’t so we’re just gonna do it that way. Whatever works is fine. Too lovely a day despite it inside, IMO.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,796 Posts
Outside is good Cath unless it is over 85. I am not good with heat.

The dryer, water heater and dishwasher were brand new installs from a big box store.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tinsnips and cath

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,553 Posts
Good miring everyone,

Kids came over last night so it was a bust night. Couldn’t do chat.

we are in our rainy season now Cath. Been mild for a few days with just light showers.

but here are some photos from the flood
Mirror Plant Window Sky Water

This was when I loaded up the dogs and decided to leave.
Water Cloud Sky Water resources Building

Water Water resources Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape Watercourse

From the interstate and our town

Water Liquid Tree Asphalt Vehicle

Water Boat Vehicle Naval architecture Building

Water Cloud Building Sky Liquid

Water Natural landscape Building Biome Tree

Our house and neighborhood

Water Sky Cloud Water resources Plant

And my view from the overpass for three days

·
Administrator
49,479 Posts
Good mornin all, woke up to 46F overnight, no wonder I dreamt my room was filled with penguins. 90 later on. Gotta feed Furgee then head to work. Picking up an extra shift. Fun times.
Nasty biz there inny, Hack don't fall asleep waitin on tide to turn.
Perry god look filling their punch list. Cath, peaches sound good. I think if drought wasn't looming more peache's would be planted here.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,553 Posts
I was looking on marketplace today and came across this clean 66 Honda Dream. I know Doug will remember these.
I always love the old Honda’s, they where good looking. I appreciate them even more now.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wouldn't recognize that as a Honda Vinnie, looks more like a 'scooter'. :unsure:

Yup, 10a on the tide got the sailboat out.....interrupted a very busy morning full of absolute nothingness, and ziltch! But got it out and on it's trailer and out the drive way Davy went.

Feels like a fall day......or at least this morning did. Climbed into the 80's now.....81 to be precise.
Fair is still in our sites, but a wee bit of shopping first.

Left over pizza for lunch, and cookies n milk for desert.

Got a lot of day left to kick around and see what it's made of,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,768 Posts
Afternoon all,

just anudder Saturday here,,, doing “stuff”.

78 and mostly cloudy ,,, fair breeze to help comfort.

About 10 more days until my new GSD pup gets born’d Dunno what timeline it’ll be to do the meet n pick ,,, but won’t have a problem with going to a GSD breeder/kennels and OD on German Shepherds ❤❤ , once to pick and then to pick up .
Feathered kids being tended to currently . Gotta get cheap/creative on wood toy for Molly the macaw to chew /destroy,,,, buying store bought stuff is not cost effective. I do buy “parts” and string them up,,
Have some 2x4 pieces of assembled toy she ignores,,, might have to retrofit em into smaller hunks so she might show interest 🤷🏻‍♂️.

On to the day,,

Hope everyone is having a great one!👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
28,520 Posts
Vinnie, that Honda Dream is a great looking bike. How much are they asking for it?

Hack - Yup, that certainly does sound like a boring day at work. Kinda like “I came to work for this?”
Have fun with the 4-H thing tonight. Look forward to hearing more about that.

Jeff - You sure do sound very much like a GSD papa-to-be.

When does your nephew have another competition with his Drum Corps? Is this the kind of drum corps that has each person playing one drum, or does each person have a array of drums? What kind of drum does your nephew play?

Welp, I was wrong about where Hal would eat lunch today. We all sat outside, and lingered over lunch for quite some time. Hal opened up a app that sounded like wind chimes, and that was fun to listen to as we had our lunch. It was not so loud that it bothered anybody else, or interfered in conversation. It was just right. I know Panera could be pricey, but I wouldn’t mind having breakfast out there sometime just so I could sit outside and eat. I love that.

Hope everyone has a great time tonight. Whatever you do, make it groovy.

·
Administrator
49,479 Posts
I remember the old 303 Dream, nice bjke fir the day, dont remember what that one sold for new, I know my dealer stripped 160 cc , probably a 174CC with rejetted bigger dual carbs was $400 from dealer with warrenty. Next bike was a slightly modded Bonnevile Triumph Cafe Racer. Loved that bike , then I got 67 XLCH modified, my street drag bike till i I got the H2 Kawasaki set up for street racing. Quickest and most insane bike, I owned.
Dream was a great all around 2 person transpo bike, 160 was a great short hop bike at freeway + speeds. Made a lot of trips over SF to music shows, no one stole hondas back then. Triumph cafe racer was a great Highway one ( pacific coast) hiway bike, then i got a Norton Dunstall 819, Sportster and Kawasaki wer fun street racers but iver akk I kived the Norton, except the maint

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't begin to imagine the 'channel fever' you've got Jeff waiting for the big day......hope it passes quick.

WOW.......I feel ashamed have haven sooooo much fun in one day.......I tried to share it with as many as possible, and I still feel guilty like I was hogging it.
The fair was nice.....NOT what I grew up knowing. Was more of a 'carnival/circus' feel...'monster trucks, and daredevil motor cycle stunts. Kinda turned into a midway.
The days of it being centered round family and community and agriculture based has gone......still up to my eye balls in funnel cake and snow cones.

Got home in time to sit beneath the stars and play 3 games of Harry Potter, and piled away more junk food. Time to recline and see if I KNOW I'm falling asleep or wake up and then realize it.

Best to Y'All,
Hack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts