The Reef Tank banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,244 Posts
Clifford was the pet squirrel of (now I can’t remember his name 😕).

Jeff - Did I hear you say that you adopted another doxie that has yet to be named?

Your new truck is it! It’s fun to see what you’re doing to making it really yours!
Clifford ( and it’s buddy, who I forgot it’s name) was a critter of Jerel in Da Keys. The two were orphaned after mom squirrel met her demise with a vehicle down there. Those types of squirrels were not local to the Keys, and the thinking was one, two or more, were stowaways from climes north. After Clifford grew up a bit, he had become a “outdoor” squirrel, and remember one time he chattered up a storm when I showed up at Jerel’s,,, from his favorite palm tree , haha.Prior visits they were bunking in the enclosed balcony sunroom, and were allowed out of their cage for short play sessions. “Used” to humans but still wild critters. Most times ya can’t take that out of em.

Cath, nope , no new long or otherwise dawgs here ,( I know me, so I can never say never , heheh. IF there is to be another addition to the pack here, it’ll be a German Shepherd pup. Been. Easy 30 yrs since I started one from a pup. Have had great luck with all the adult type GSDs over the years, but there is a special “something” in having a Shep from a pup , with proper upbringing/bonding /edjumakation the ends up with a extra special dog. No word on a Doxie foster here yet, after I let the rep and prez of the Doxie rescue know that I was ready to re-start fostering.

Well, no semi with my ordered tractor accessories/parts today, got a text saying the shipment was delayed along the line . Looks like *onday when it will show up, and with it being 450# pounds worth of stuff, I gotta be here to sign for it and probably assist(Deere w/fork arms on loader bucket) getting it off the truck, I will prob have to hang around here when the truck shows up “whenever”, sigh.

Yup, making the new truck “mine” is part a personal thing, filing that under “necessary “. Mud flaps( keep crud/stones from attacking the body) Weathertech floor mats ( keeps the carpet un-“driveway stone deposit’d” and helps with winter’s snow crud soaking the carpet long term) Window visors ( don’t really open/crack the windows down much, but just in case)
On the “ordered but not here yet” list:
Hard tonneau cover (3 section) for the truck bed( for when I need/have something in the bed and wish to keep it dry/out of prying eyes )

Running boards( even tho it is a 4wd truck, it’s not up in the ozone, but not a easy in/out like my old truck) .Getting in is a ok thing for me, a bit more a effort than the old truck , but exiting the truck is somewhat of a chore, and right now my throwing my legs over and sliding down from the seat is not going to make the side bolster stay as new shape/condition long.

Fog lights - ordered OEM lights and a new light switch ( that has a fog light switch function on it) since night time driving in my parts at times involves hopefully not interacting with deer and other wild critters. “Fog” lights help light up the outward sides from the vehicle, in the hopes of seeing wayward wondering critters and allowing that much more of a chance to not get up close n personal wit’em.
Adding factory fog/driving lights has been a thing with the last 3-4 vehicles I’ve had, when they did not come installed from the factory. I’d turn them off for a second at night just to remind myself “yup, they make a big , positive difference “ .

While I like the looks of the added items, I rationalize to myself that they serve a needed purpose .

Had to run the sprinkler in the back yard, the heat and lack of enough rain has turned parts a wee bit brown. On the other hand , I have not had to mow as often, a good/bad thing I guess.

Prob reward my efforts today and put something on the grill , not decided what quite yet.

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
47,197 Posts
aevening all. back from dump run and swung by Home Despot and picked up a chest freezer for daughter. It is in post transport settling mode. The old not efficient upright is getting retired. Still have to take dog to play date (WHAT YUPPIE INVENTED THAT)
Hopefully the evening goes easy on ya all

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,598 Posts
Top of the evening Jeff.....Grill it like you mean it whatever it is!

I seem to recall you mentioned yesterday, or there of about perhaps getting back into water keeping....both fresh and marine? THAT would be awesome! See what you started Vinnie! 😁 I wasn't around yet when you were up n running.....what kind of a set up did you have for a marine tank?
Hack

·
16,598 Posts
Yeah THAT has popped into our vernacular around here.....must have been started over on yer side of the country. 🤔 😁

As I was telling Jeff just now 'how cool it would be to see him get back in the game'.....heck before Ya knows it You, Cath, and Perry might jump back in.
Hack
Still have to take dog to play date (WHAT YUPPIE INVENTED THAT)

·
16,598 Posts
YUP....took me a 30 year hiatus between my early marine fish tanks and this trip. It was kinda wild n wooly in the mid 80's and marine fish keeping......a lot changed, and came a long way since then. But I had always thought about trying it again.....and one chance visit to John's one evening where Jen caught me rubbing my hands on a fish tank, and Her love for me manifested itself......
Hack
Vertebrate Pet supply Fish supply Organism Natural material

my 45 gallon corner tank.
Hack

·
Administrator
47,197 Posts
I agree on aux lights , winters here are wet and dark. deer a plenty. I like seeing what is down and on side of road.
Thinking nachos might be quick and easy to fill the tummy. Easy day today but tired, cleanup in breezeway, load half a dozen cans to dump, then over to Home Depot and I am ready fill chillax time. I have to start work cycle again in am. .I think I am gonna go putter in kitchen for a bit then relax wit]h a streamed movie, I think one or two I would like dropped this weekend.
Have a good evening tonight, remember Rough Men Still Walk the Walls, even if powers that be suffer recto cranial inversion.
EXTRA PRAYER TONIGHT FOR aLL THE VICTIMS OF THAT DAY AND THE YEARS AFTER.

·
Administrator
47,197 Posts
Vinny I see your music choices and I swear we have partied before, Way Back

·
16,598 Posts
nice tank Hack ;)
It lead me here.:cool:
But it was the worst tank I ever owned....and owned a lot. You'd go bug eyed looking through those angles, and a lot of bad lfs info led me down a path of bad equipment choices and bad habits I'd have to break once I got here.
Hack

21 - 32 of 32 Posts