The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a place to buy these online????? Has anyone ever kept them in their dsb?

·
Registered
212 Posts
The reason you can not find them I bet is because of how hard they are to keep. I once wanted them back when I first started out after some research I changed my mind. For one one sand dollar it is recommended to have atleast a 6" very mature sandbed and 6' square patch of sand. Yes thats 6 square feet of sand. From what I have read in most home aquariums they will just slowly starve to death.

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
Twitterbait said:
they are also cold water animals too.
don't tell that to the ones down here when the water temps hit near 90 . not cold water at all . if you have a sand bed you will hardly to never see them anyways . we use to get them from the size of a dime all the way up to 4-5 inches . they are not very exciting imho.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ive grown up catchin em here in the gulf in sw florida and the gulf temp has come close to 90 plenty of times. they didnt seem to mind at all... maybe different species than the pacific

·
Registered
671 Posts
I used to catch sand dollars all the time when I was a kid. Also got stung by a few gelly fish. Had to pee on my leg a time or two.:banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts