The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can say I would never advise buying MaxiJet powerheads. They are the biggest piece of crap. I know people glue them to Mag Floats but I only have one. Last night I came home to my tank being completely cloudy with my moonlights giving it a blue glow. I knew right away the maxijet lost suction and fell off the glass into the back of the tank, completely blowing sand out of the back corner(44 pentagon). Today its cleared up a bit, but sand is all over my rocks. All corals are open (except one frag of Zoos that hasnt opened past few days idk why) and all fish seem ok. I have two huge piles of sand now on each side now and the back has no sand. I had to dig out a Mushroom today as well. I just wanted to rant and advise anyone to do not get a MaxiJet, every 4-5 days I usually have to push one suction cup back as it lowers and doesnt break surface enough. Total annoyance, Cannot wait to get my 90 up and running so I can just have my WP-40...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have one of those in my tank, and I have another I am planning on using in my sump. They just dont move enough water or me. its just a 550 though.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I can say I would never advise buying MaxiJet powerheads. They are the biggest piece of crap. I know people glue them to Mag Floats but I only have one. Last night I came home to my tank being completely cloudy with my moonlights giving it a blue glow. I knew right away the maxijet lost suction and fell off the glass into the back of the tank, completely blowing sand out of the back corner(44 pentagon). Today its cleared up a bit, but sand is all over my rocks. All corals are open (except one frag of Zoos that hasnt opened past few days idk why) and all fish seem ok. I have two huge piles of sand now on each side now and the back has no sand. I had to dig out a Mushroom today as well. I just wanted to rant and advise anyone to do not get a MaxiJet, every 4-5 days I usually have to push one suction cup back as it lowers and doesnt break surface enough. Total annoyance, Cannot wait to get my 90 up and running so I can just have my WP-40...
My maxi jet does the same thing. The suction cups only stay stuck for a few days when they pop off. Very frustrated. I agree with your venting 100%

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they have a750 and a 1050 it maybe time to do another one they also have a conroller (Wave) to alternate flows all kinds of ways 70$ would be plenty of flow going then. Good luck and keep on reefing
Well soon I will be in my new tank, and I have a WP-40 that uses that same kind of magnet which I really enjoy.

Haha, I knew I couldnt be the only one that deals with the maxi-jet crap

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
I've always loved my maxijets but then again they're the only pump I've ever used, and I dont use the suction cups, just always settled with having them near the top. Guess I would like to try the Koralia....however, my tank is only 30 gallons, would they be too bulky? what are their measurements?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i use 2 korelia hydor nano powerheads in my 24 gal with a hydor wavemaker, its enough flow you could you 2 nanos in the 30 and it would be enough . and no they are not bulky

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
Cool, I will add it to my wishlist ;)

(I only like the expensive hobbies!)

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Are my the only one that uses the aqueon powerheads. I have two 950 in my tank they never fall and move some water. They never fall off and if you order them off of amazon there cheaper I paud 25$ at most lfs there almost $60. I have had mine for close to a year with no problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts