The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fish only systems or reefs that do not operate using the deep sandbed method. So...in other words...if you have a DSB you don't want one? What would you want to help with detrital matters?

One more question...I've got a small outbreak of Aiptasia in my tank. Would I be better served buying some Joe's Juice or should I buy a Peppermint Shrimp. Please note that I just purchased some Yellow Star Polyps and I've heard Peppermints will eat those.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Depending on the starfish, you could use them for either a fish only or a reef tank. Usually they are found in tanks with a sandbed. I think the Linkia starfish are reef safe (someone help me on this one).

For aiptasia, you can use joes juice or kalk paste to kill the big ones. A peppermint shrimp will help with the small ones and long tern control. I haven't heard that they eat yellow polyps.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
berghia would help but yet again they will only eat aiptasia and when its gone they will die so unless you have a forest of it i would say joes juice or peppermint shrimp (peppermints are what i use) and i am with "hng" i havent heard of them eating yellow polyps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts