The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
wow, weird, usually there is english on there somewhere! if nobody else responds, i would maybe try calling the lfs in town and see if anybody has a kit with english they could fax you or read over the phone! good luck....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow...THANKS!!!
We are starting a 60 gallon tank.
I added 40 lbs live sand a few weeks ago & last Friday we got some LR from a LFS.
We have been doing a few tests...all but one came with bilingual German/English EXCEPT one...it worked great.
What effect will a 11.2 KH value & a 4.0 ALK have?
Also the rocks are now producing little starfish, cowries, anenomies (sp), and little featherdusters...is this OK?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Seeaffe said:
...What effect will a 11.2 KH value & a 4.0 ALK have?
This will depend on where your Ca is, dKh and mEq alkalinity are different terms for the same thing. 4 mEq of Alk is about the same as 12 dKh (I said about...) If Ca is appropriate for that level of alk, then there is a good chance that your corals and coralline algae will have plenty of raw material to begin calcification and skeletalization under the proper conditions.

Seeaffe said:
Also the rocks are now producing little starfish, cowries, anenomies (sp), and little featherdusters...is this OK?
  • black banded little starfish are good (like little mini-brittle star fish), little blunt-rayed seastars or comets can be good or bad.
  • coweries can be good or bad, some will eat your corals, some (even of the same spp.) will not, usually they will eat your corals.
  • little anenomes this early in your tank are usually pest Aiptasia spp or Anemonea cf. majano, both of which are bad, and if allowed to establish themselves, will become a plague on your tank.

Kill them.

Kill them all.

Kill them dead while you can.

Just make sure that they are not zooanthid spp of sea mats. Check the archives for pix to define your specimens and suggestions on how to rid your tank of this potential disaster.
  • Featherdusters are always good!!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.