The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a way to contact someone from Salifert? An e-mail add? phone number (which probably wouldn't help as it's foreign)?

If anyone remembers my Magnesium problem...I've come to the conclusion that my Salifert Test kit is bad. I know...hard to believe, as they're the best brand supposedly.

However, I sent a sample of my Salt Mix (Reef Crystals) to IO's headquarters explaining that for two big buckets of salt mix now, I'd been getting 1050 ppm of Mg. When all research told me that RC contains about 1350 ppm of Mg. So they requested I mail them a sample of the salt mix I was using.

So they got the sample, and using their lab equip, tested it and got 1350 ppm. They were nice, and are still gonna send me out some replacement buckets, but also stated that the sample I sent them tested out fine for all trace elements.

So...that means 1 of 2 things:

1. They're lying. (I doubt this, as they were prompt, courteous, and MORE than generous given their results).

2. My Salifert test kit is bad.

However, I can't find anyway to contact Salifert and discus the matter with them.

So if anyone knows a way to get ahold of them, I'd really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Intersesting, since I've been getting low reading myself...:confused:

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whatevva said:
Intersesting, since I've been getting low reading myself...:confused:
might want to compare batch numbers. Here were mine:

Mg-1 (1205-A)
Mg-2 (1105-H)
Mg-3 (1105-B)

they (Salifert) are gonna run some tests with those batch numbers and get back to me.

(there's actually a post in that forum about someone else gettin 1050 mq/L no matter when they tested).

Makes me curious.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
might want to compare batch numbers. Here were mine:

Mg-1 (1205-A)
Mg-2 (1105-H)
Mg-3 (1105-B)
MIKE! I have the same batches!

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Habib from Salifert is running the test with those batches today sometime.

Should be interesting to see the results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts