·
bug hunter
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about time!
http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=59301
July 22, 2003
Four 'High Value' Iraqis Killed In Mosul Raid

WASHINGTON - Four Iraqis were killed in a U.S. raid Tuesday in northern Iraq against a suspected hideout of high-ranking members of Saddam Hussein's regime. U.S. officials said they were investigating whether two of Saddam's sons were among the dead.
The raid at a house in the northern city of Mosul sparked a shootout between members of the 101st Airborne Division and gunmen holed up inside the compound, which later burned to the ground, officials said.

The identities of the dead were not certain, said one official, speaking on the condition of anonymity. But officials said they were trying to determine whether Saddam's elder sons, Odai and Qusai, were among the dead.

Both were below only Saddam in importance in the regime, officials have said.

The house belonged to a cousin of Saddam who was a key tribal leader in the region. Mosul residents said the American soldiers were looking for Odai and Qusai but Pentagon officials said they could not confirm that.

The United States has offered a $25 million bounty and $15 million for each of his sons, who were also top leaders in their father's regime.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Confirmed!!!!!!!!

Somebody is a rich man today there was a price on thier heads

Jeff

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
The joke in the office is that we've killed them AGAIN.....

Seems like we've killed them several times since the war started.

If it's really true, there will be no tears of mourning from me.....just a small dance of celebration (oh, heck, who am I kidding....let's break out the beer bong).....

J.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i saw the pics today of them, and they look torn up.... a few thousand rounds of ammo and a few tow missles seems to make for a bad hair day for odai and qusay. now if we could just get a similiar picture of osama, omar, and saddam looking the same way :beer::beer:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Well unfortunately our troops are going to pay with their blood even more now that supposedly the sons are dead!!

Can we liberate these people?!! My personal opinion is "no way"!

Even if it were to happen it will be years down the road but personally I don't think so!

I don't appreciate them wanting us out of their right now and being so upset because we are there! I say "Fine" we are out of here and then see what happens to them! It would not be pretty!!

Where is the smoking gun by the way!! We made a big mistake going in there! Personally I still think it's the oil now more than ever! Just my opinion and until proven wrong that is what I believe!! I guess I like to start trouble!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.