The Reef Tank banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Indeed George, always great seeing you! Your' 1/2 of the state as silly as this 1/2?

Top of the evening Doug!

Big ol pan of pizza rolls Cath to schlep on the Training Table with your offerings. No not what the evening has in store......Hack just passed out for the night as last night's sleepless over was just that. So think Jen n I have a clean slate to explore.

Wonderful, and giggly thoughts to All,
Hack

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Afternoon all,
Found/made myself a moment to sit down and do the first “me” time ( of course the dogs are included) since Blyth passed and thought I better check in here.
Backing up a bit , Blyth was having issues we both thought might be gall bladder issues,, trunk/flank pain , dry heaves etc., most times shortly after eating a meal,,,, off and one pain episodes over the week prior,, . This Sunday Blytg was in downstate Indiana with her gal bowling teammates , doing their annual after season getaway,,.. they were coming back on Sunday, I texted her in the AM asking how things were going,,, she said she had a “episode” in the morning , subsided. Midday I texted asking her progress,, a Red Lobster stop in Lafayette and would be home . Around that time she was hurting so back , a teammate had to drive her and her car , home. Pretty much since getting home she was in bed ,,, ended up being a continuous pain/cramp session , I had slept in my recliner that nite, so she would not worry about bothering me with her getting out of bed during the nite. Monday morning she got up and told me we were going to the ER. Headed to the ER, got her in, looked at ( infection and dehydrated initial diagnosis) and eventually a bed in the floor. She texted me at 5am Tuesday to call her,,, 5:30 I did, she wanted me to bring her a phone charger cord and “Jolly Ranchers” ,,, when I got to the hospital with those things for visiting hours, I found out they just moved her from a reg floor to ICU ,,,, during the time I was driving to the hospital, she threw arrhythmias, coded, had CPR, got her back and then off to the Cath Lab,,,,when I got to her new room. When I was able to see her and talk to a nurse/doc, they told me that she had a “broken heart syndrome “ heart attack,,, laundry list of things that can bring one on,,, and strictly a female thing this happens to,,, but the doc said that due to the pain she was in , contorting to try to feel better, all it took was a possible tear to a artery to be the root cause.
Later, the put her on a “chiller” to keep her temps low,, for swelling etc., then a open line to start dialysis on her.
After much discussion, soul searching and knowing what Blyth would “stand for” for DNR type things,, When the nurses called asking , I authorized a DNR for Blyth. She would have not ok’d the last 2/3 of what they did to/on her,,, if she could let them know.
The next morning we get the call that all efforts so far are not bringing any responses, and they would wait for us to get there before they started unhooking/plugging things. Blyth passed shorty after she was free of all the medical bells and whistles with us at her side.
Now the next step of losing a loved one begins,,, gathering clothes for donation, cremation matters ( luckily I have a friend of my Dad’s that is a funeral director, known him for 50 yrs)so the visit with him helped with a lot of things, especially on the “what to do next” items when I made the arrangements.

Fast forward to yesterday, Blyth’s sister came up to stay here when Blyth had the heart attack,,, we were going they things,,,, her things , her family line things, our things etc. Blyth’s sister was not feeling great , emotion and anxiety was rising , some due to the current situation, and Blyth’s sisters having a go at each other , as in how the obit was rough drawn.( silly stuff of course, digressing here)
She stayed in the bedroom from mid morning on, until early afternoon she came out telling me to call a ambulance,,,,,left neck /shoulder pain she was experiencing was a heart attack,,, so,,,, she got admitted last nite .... acting /looking/feeling a lot better now, need to get her potassium levels up before they can do a angiogram,,,,
Blyth’s cousin will bring the SIL’s hubby up from Indy to the hospital tomorrow to see her,,,,, up in the air regarding much more on that subject, like when she might get released etc,,,

Not exactly a normal couple of days.....

Been keeping busy( more than my usual “busyness” ) to keep my mind from imploding,,,,,,

Thank you SO much for considering Blyth and my Doxie rescue ,,, the dawgs and humans involved say a hearty “Thank/bless you all”

Might be spotty with checking in here in the immediate future ,.,but will try to pop in here.

Thanks for the condolences, means a lot.

Hope everyone has a great day
Jeff I am so sorry for your loss - I understand how horrible and hard it is to make those decisions and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy . Rest easy knowing your choices were based on her wishes. (((((((Jeff)))))))

·
15,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey George.... 🤔 ...uhhhhhh, just occurred to me? You having had to get a new pass to get on here......I 'technically' passed you in 'post counts' now.....well, at least the 'new' George. ;) HAPPY MEMORIAL to You and Chris!
Hack

·
Administrator
46,887 Posts
Nice Smiling Rott , Reminds me of Kai.
Kelli :) how are You and Violet doing?
Off to a burfday party for my work wifes new Boyfriend(jeez I gotta move outta hippy land ;)

·
15,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
WOW, I need a score card for TAT ONE Doug?
Hack

·
15,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Actually up since 3:30 this morning, my whooped butt is getting ready to go nighty night, most riki tik........Got 2 more days off though, and one of themmay not be rainy!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,081 Posts
Good to see all this conversation of serious stuff and a good dose of nonsense.

So glad the day is tagged with the day of the week. I forgot it is Saturday!😂

Nitee nite, all.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts