The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Friends......

It's with a heavy heart I need to pass on some sad news this morning... Thursday morning Our Friend Jeff's Wife Blyth lost Her battle against a sudden serious health issue. Her Family was with Her when She was called Home. Prayers and hopes for comfort, guidance, and peace are always treasured.

Since Blyth and Jeff are tireless solders for the rescue of Dachshunds, I would think perhaps a donation to Their rescue organization may be appropriate if you would like.
Dachshunds in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana & Iowa - MidWest Dachshund Rescue

Our prayers for peace and comfort to All,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And it just wouldn't be a gathering of Friends this morning without warm wishes for a BIG HAPPY SATURDAY TO Y'ALL! Welcome to the Memorial Day weekend!

Our GALE-WARNINGS go up around here in about 1-hour, for 40+/- mph winds, and torrential rains with 7' seas to assist with our coastal flooding. GREAT DAY TO HEAD TO THE CREEK HACK! 馃槣
Perhaps there'll be a wise phone call telling me that that would be silly, but I suck at bets......

There's a kitchen full of Dunkin Donuts thanks to Our Guests.....ignore the ones with the bites out of them...,.THEY HAVE! Coffee is fresh, and a day of wonder awaits,
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack and all of TRT!

That was a lovely tribute for Blyth, Hack. 鉂 It鈥檚 difficult to write such a message. Count me in on that donation.

Thanks for the coffee and DD. I鈥檒l steer clear of those that were nibbled.馃槀. And added nanners and apples.

Wot? You had to go to the office with warnings out like that ?? I bet a buck 2.80 that you鈥檒l be sent home.

So where鈥檚 Perry? Report in, please.

We got rain yesterday, and more last night! I don鈥檛 know how long it鈥檚 beensince we saw a raindrop.

Book discussion with friends and then I don鈥檛 know what.

Lots love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Safely and HAPPILY home from the creek with 2 hours under me belt. Was twice drenched before even getting in the van this morning in the drive way......,(1) from the down pouring, wind driven rains.....(2) my coffee cup collapsed all over me

It's about as 'advertised' this morning......FINALLY they admitted it......an ugly day here at the shore. Not ruling out BBQ'n this weekend....,,,some time, but PLAN-'rest of the letters in the alphabet' will be probably coming into play. Though these darling, disturbed children were out in the pool last night in the down pour........

Got a 2nd pot of joe just finishing up.....pass yer cups,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the one thing on my 'personal' list for this big 3-day holiday weekend....,.,other than for a brief passing through to look for something our music venue hasn't been in use...,,..dust.dirt, and un-loved needs to be reclaimed and brought back to hopping, grinning shape. THAT can be done in the rain!
Hack

Super Moderator
Yeah! So glad you're home safely. Hack! What is the point in working in those conditions? Also, not very safe!

Hahaha on those poor kids in the pool. Good thing it wasn't an electrical storm.

Go through the alphabet and create some seriously good eats and fun! Looks like you'll be having fun policing the are of your music tent.

Administrator
Good Morning Hack and Cath, Thanks for posting the Doxie Rescue info. Coffee is on and its nice out.
Gonna clean some paint drips off the floor then get a few pics, not that an empty room is all that interesting

Super Moderator
Good work, Doug! What kind of windows are those?

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clear?馃
Hack

Super Moderator
Afternoon all,
Found/made myself a moment to sit down and do the first 鈥渕e鈥 time ( of course the dogs are included) since Blyth passed and thought I better check in here.
Backing up a bit , Blyth was having issues we both thought might be gall bladder issues,, trunk/flank pain , dry heaves etc., most times shortly after eating a meal,,,, off and one pain episodes over the week prior,, . This Sunday Blytg was in downstate Indiana with her gal bowling teammates , doing their annual after season getaway,,.. they were coming back on Sunday, I texted her in the AM asking how things were going,,, she said she had a 鈥渆pisode鈥 in the morning , subsided. Midday I texted asking her progress,, a Red Lobster stop in Lafayette and would be home . Around that time she was hurting so back , a teammate had to drive her and her car , home. Pretty much since getting home she was in bed ,,, ended up being a continuous pain/cramp session , I had slept in my recliner that nite, so she would not worry about bothering me with her getting out of bed during the nite. Monday morning she got up and told me we were going to the ER. Headed to the ER, got her in, looked at ( infection and dehydrated initial diagnosis) and eventually a bed in the floor. She texted me at 5am Tuesday to call her,,, 5:30 I did, she wanted me to bring her a phone charger cord and 鈥淛olly Ranchers鈥 ,,, when I got to the hospital with those things for visiting hours, I found out they just moved her from a reg floor to ICU ,,,, during the time I was driving to the hospital, she threw arrhythmias, coded, had CPR, got her back and then off to the Cath Lab,,,,when I got to her new room. When I was able to see her and talk to a nurse/doc, they told me that she had a 鈥渂roken heart syndrome 鈥 heart attack,,, laundry list of things that can bring one on,,, and strictly a female thing this happens to,,, but the doc said that due to the pain she was in , contorting to try to feel better, all it took was a possible tear to a artery to be the root cause.
Later, the put her on a 鈥渃hiller鈥 to keep her temps low,, for swelling etc., then a open line to start dialysis on her.
After much discussion, soul searching and knowing what Blyth would 鈥渟tand for鈥 for DNR type things,, When the nurses called asking , I authorized a DNR for Blyth. She would have not ok鈥檇 the last 2/3 of what they did to/on her,,, if she could let them know.
The next morning we get the call that all efforts so far are not bringing any responses, and they would wait for us to get there before they started unhooking/plugging things. Blyth passed shorty after she was free of all the medical bells and whistles with us at her side.
Now the next step of losing a loved one begins,,, gathering clothes for donation, cremation matters ( luckily I have a friend of my Dad鈥檚 that is a funeral director, known him for 50 yrs)so the visit with him helped with a lot of things, especially on the 鈥渨hat to do next鈥 items when I made the arrangements.

Fast forward to yesterday, Blyth鈥檚 sister came up to stay here when Blyth had the heart attack,,, we were going they things,,,, her things , her family line things, our things etc. Blyth鈥檚 sister was not feeling great , emotion and anxiety was rising , some due to the current situation, and Blyth鈥檚 sisters having a go at each other , as in how the obit was rough drawn.( silly stuff of course, digressing here)
She stayed in the bedroom from mid morning on, until early afternoon she came out telling me to call a ambulance,,,,,left neck /shoulder pain she was experiencing was a heart attack,,, so,,,, she got admitted last nite .... acting /looking/feeling a lot better now, need to get her potassium levels up before they can do a angiogram,,,,
Blyth鈥檚 cousin will bring the SIL鈥檚 hubby up from Indy to the hospital tomorrow to see her,,,,, up in the air regarding much more on that subject, like when she might get released etc,,,

Not exactly a normal couple of days.....

Been keeping busy( more than my usual 鈥渂usyness鈥 ) to keep my mind from imploding,,,,,,

Thank you SO much for considering Blyth and my Doxie rescue ,,, the dawgs and humans involved say a hearty 鈥淭hank/bless you all鈥

Might be spotty with checking in here in the immediate future ,.,but will try to pop in here.

Thanks for the condolences, means a lot.

Hope everyone has a great day

Super Moderator
Wow, Jeff! The past few days must be a big blur, and maybe that鈥檚 a good grief buffer for you. It鈥檚 hard to imagine all of this happening all at once. PLUS the sudden health issues for Blyth鈥檚 sister!

We are right here for you when you want to take a breather.

Good to hear that dear friend of your dad is a funeral director. So often get a negative report, but I know they can be very helpful with details that will pave a smoother road for you.

Unload as you want, Jeff. We are here for you.

Super Moderator
Clear?馃
Hack
hahaha! I know my question was less than 鈥渃lear.鈥 馃槀

The windows look like they slide horizontally rather than vertically. Don鈥檛 see that much around here.

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
......SORRY Cath, but THAT was just left wide open.....all puns intended! 馃榿

Glad to see You dropping in Jeff, and for filling in the blanks. Cath did an incredible job keeping us in the loop.....Get Her a pay raise!
Sure suckie with Yer Sister n law having issues now, and prayers for health sent. Take your time kicking the tires Brother, we're all here between the front door or the back if'n you need to chat.

Hack

Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got to spend a peaceful afternoon out 'straightening up' our music room for the up coming season.....near on 7 months of none use, leaves dust, dirt, and CLEANING to deal with.

20210529_162653.jpg

Here we go Cath, talking about 'channeling Our internal sunshine' at times.......The down pouring rains today didn't deter these Young Einsteins from splishing n a splashing......They were out there last night as well showing just as much intelligence.
Hack

Administrator
DA NG Jeff, ya know my heart aches for you, can't imagine dealing with things post mortem then having a Sil having issues as well. I AM HAPPY TO MAKE A DONATION TO DOX RESCUE AND STIPULATED THAT ITS IN HER MEMORY. Take whatever time you need, we got yer back.
Cath, windows are new double pane changed out a few years ago. Once fart fan is swapped out, 12 inches of blow in insulation should make it a lot easier to heat and cool

Registered
Afternoon all,
Found/made myself a moment to sit down and do the first 鈥渕e鈥 time ( of course the dogs are included) since Blyth passed and thought I better check in here.
Backing up a bit , Blyth was having issues we both thought might be gall bladder issues,, trunk/flank pain , dry heaves etc., most times shortly after eating a meal,,,, off and one pain episodes over the week prior,, . This Sunday Blytg was in downstate Indiana with her gal bowling teammates , doing their annual after season getaway,,.. they were coming back on Sunday, I texted her in the AM asking how things were going,,, she said she had a 鈥渆pisode鈥 in the morning , subsided. Midday I texted asking her progress,, a Red Lobster stop in Lafayette and would be home . Around that time she was hurting so back , a teammate had to drive her and her car , home. Pretty much since getting home she was in bed ,,, ended up being a continuous pain/cramp session , I had slept in my recliner that nite, so she would not worry about bothering me with her getting out of bed during the nite. Monday morning she got up and told me we were going to the ER. Headed to the ER, got her in, looked at ( infection and dehydrated initial diagnosis) and eventually a bed in the floor. She texted me at 5am Tuesday to call her,,, 5:30 I did, she wanted me to bring her a phone charger cord and 鈥淛olly Ranchers鈥 ,,, when I got to the hospital with those things for visiting hours, I found out they just moved her from a reg floor to ICU ,,,, during the time I was driving to the hospital, she threw arrhythmias, coded, had CPR, got her back and then off to the Cath Lab,,,,when I got to her new room. When I was able to see her and talk to a nurse/doc, they told me that she had a 鈥渂roken heart syndrome 鈥 heart attack,,, laundry list of things that can bring one on,,, and strictly a female thing this happens to,,, but the doc said that due to the pain she was in , contorting to try to feel better, all it took was a possible tear to a artery to be the root cause.
Later, the put her on a 鈥渃hiller鈥 to keep her temps low,, for swelling etc., then a open line to start dialysis on her.
After much discussion, soul searching and knowing what Blyth would 鈥渟tand for鈥 for DNR type things,, When the nurses called asking , I authorized a DNR for Blyth. She would have not ok鈥檇 the last 2/3 of what they did to/on her,,, if she could let them know.
The next morning we get the call that all efforts so far are not bringing any responses, and they would wait for us to get there before they started unhooking/plugging things. Blyth passed shorty after she was free of all the medical bells and whistles with us at her side.
Now the next step of losing a loved one begins,,, gathering clothes for donation, cremation matters ( luckily I have a friend of my Dad鈥檚 that is a funeral director, known him for 50 yrs)so the visit with him helped with a lot of things, especially on the 鈥渨hat to do next鈥 items when I made the arrangements.

Fast forward to yesterday, Blyth鈥檚 sister came up to stay here when Blyth had the heart attack,,, we were going they things,,,, her things , her family line things, our things etc. Blyth鈥檚 sister was not feeling great , emotion and anxiety was rising , some due to the current situation, and Blyth鈥檚 sisters having a go at each other , as in how the obit was rough drawn.( silly stuff of course, digressing here)
She stayed in the bedroom from mid morning on, until early afternoon she came out telling me to call a ambulance,,,,,left neck /shoulder pain she was experiencing was a heart attack,,, so,,,, she got admitted last nite .... acting /looking/feeling a lot better now, need to get her potassium levels up before they can do a angiogram,,,,
Blyth鈥檚 cousin will bring the SIL鈥檚 hubby up from Indy to the hospital tomorrow to see her,,,,, up in the air regarding much more on that subject, like when she might get released etc,,,

Not exactly a normal couple of days.....

Been keeping busy( more than my usual 鈥渂usyness鈥 ) to keep my mind from imploding,,,,,,

Thank you SO much for considering Blyth and my Doxie rescue ,,, the dawgs and humans involved say a hearty 鈥淭hank/bless you all鈥

Might be spotty with checking in here in the immediate future ,.,but will try to pop in here.

Thanks for the condolences, means a lot.

Hope everyone has a great day
Hi Jeff!
So, so sorry for your loss with Blyth and all your going though! My Condolences to you and your family! Please take care through this tough time and may she RIP.

Registered
Wow hi everyone I lost my icon,startedv a new one ,it鈥檚 all different and I had to set up new registers,1 hr later, hope this works right. Hope all is well with all (except the sad news with Jeff (prayers are with him from me!) and have a safe weekend and holiday.

Super Moderator
George - You did just fine getting a new account, setting it up with Harley, Gunnie, Heidi as your avatar.

Great to see you!
Wow hi everyone I lost my icon,startedv a new one ,it鈥檚 all different and I had to set up new registers,1 hr later, hope this works right. Hope all is well with all (except the sad news with Jeff (prayers are with him from me!) and have a safe weekend and holiday.

Super Moderator
Got to spend a peaceful afternoon out 'straightening up' our music room for the up coming season.....near on 7 months of none use, leaves dust, dirt, and CLEANING to deal with.

View attachment 241450
Here we go Cath, talking about 'channeling Our internal sunshine' at times.......The down pouring rains today didn't deter these Young Einsteins from splishing n a splashing......They were out there last night as well showing just as much intelligence.
Hack

Teens in a pool! Watch out, everyone!馃槅

Super duper baked tater for the training table. What do you have in your corner, Hack?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts