The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya!
just got home and went to put the (2 I thought) zoo frags into the tank and found a surprise. one of the frags has about 10 polyps on it and had attached itself to the bottom side of the other frag which i thought was pretty wild since it had been such a short time period. so i wiggled it a bit to remove it and found it had a foot, then a trap door as i call em and a mini conch shell. these polyps were actually on the shell
And now for my question!
Is this arrangement of polyps on the shell going to kill them? you know, from moving around all the time and running into other rocks and what not and possibly not seeing light for long periods.
Is there a way to remove the snail from the shell and mount the zoos wherever i want?
Please help! id hate to kill the zoos i just got. to me the zoos come before the snail!

thanks!
Brandon & Kelly
404-867-6553

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. its pretty basic description since i cant really see the shell cuz of the zoos on it. it dos not look like the one in your pic. its more or less like a conch shell with a reddish brown trap door and the bottom of the shell is white. i know, vague description but my cam is not cooperating at all.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Alan has a snail w/ two stalks of Xenia on it. The snails moves all over the place and the xenia just follows. You might give it a try. As long as the snail didn't disappear from the light for days on end it should be OK.

Sort of interesting moving decoration.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it is cool. so far its better looking than the stationary frag it came with but i think thats because the snail has moved about 3" from the surface of the lights and the others are kinda getting shaded. but that will change
b&K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts