With everything mounted its time for a photoshoot.
Full tank shot.
Closeup of the Monastrea and the Easter Acan. Color is from outside to inside. lavender, turquoise, orange-red, electric orange. AMAZING.
And for a left side shot. the Duncan is so much greener in person.
I also bought some crazy phosphate absorber (ROWA phos) and a small micron bag to put it in. I put about 50mL of the reddish carbon looking substance in the micron bag and zip tied it shut. I want to rid my tank of the uglies or at lease minimize this phase.
I spent a few hours scraping and scrubbing my LR and walls of hair algae and want it totally gone. I did a PO4 test and it came back 0 but I knew it was all bound up in the algae. I removed as much as I dared and am now in the slow process of raising my ALK to 11 and my Mg to 1600. This will kill the algae (in theory) and my phosphate absorber will gobble up the free phosphates now that they are in the water column. Wish me luck!
Also this is the final placement for mostly everything. No more room for new frags, time to let it grow!